how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

hclarkjr

join:2002-08-09
Hostetter, PA

wrong model number listed for cable modem

i was poking around on my account settings for comcast and noticed that they have the wrong model number listed for my cable modem but have the correct MAC address listed. they have me listed for a 6120 when i have a 6121. is that a problem for like say a firmware update? should i contact them and get it corrected?

rendrenner

join:2005-09-03
Grandville, MI
Same firmware is used for both devices.

hclarkjr

join:2002-08-09
Hostetter, PA
reply to hclarkjr
ok, thanx

tshirt
Premium
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to hclarkjr
It's not a problem for firmware.
Having the correct MAC and serial # is most important, but it wouldn't hurt to ask them to correct the model too.
The new system is having startup pains, with some people still showing old/out of date info.
Hard to say if ComCast is automatically working through the corrections on their own or if it will take a call to get it corrected

NetFixer
Bah Humbug
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
said by tshirt:

The new system is having startup pains, with some people still showing old/out of date info.
Hard to say if ComCast is automatically working through the corrections on their own or if it will take a call to get it corrected

In my own case, they appear to be trying to get things straightened out on their own. The Netgear WNR1000 router that they supplied to me had not previously been shown in my equipment list, but just recently it appeared on my business class HSI equipment list.

OTOH, they are calling it a "Cable Box", and are showing a non-existent remote control for it, so...
--
We can never have enough of nature.
We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.