All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Beast149
join:2003-12-18

Beast149

[OOL] Cablevision down in NJ

What's going on? My box froze. Now it won't reboot. Just says hold. Can't contact Cablevison. All lines are busy.

surge3184
@optonline.net

surge3184

Anon

Having the same issue, live TV not working but the guide and on demand is working fine. Rebooted my box but still having the same issue.

Trying to call Cablevision and keep getting a busy signal.

Jmartz0
join:2000-07-20
Tenafly, NJ

Jmartz0 to Beast149

to Beast149
My VOD show started freezing and skipping and stuttering about an hour ago... but it seems to be alright.

I haven't watched live TV yet.. only been doing VOD catching up on Homeland.

kickass69
join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69 to Beast149

to Beast149
Cablevision isn't down in all of NJ as Cable/Internet/Voice is working fine for me. Did you try unplugging it for 10 seconds and plugging it back in? Another way to reboot a box and redownload the box software is to hit both Volume buttons on the box at the same time and then hit the info button on the box....then immediately hit the Power and Select buttons on the box until the countdown begins.
duken
join:2007-11-07
Westwood, NJ

duken to Beast149

to Beast149
Same here in ZIP code 07675. Checked with the neighborhood bar that was filled with patrons watching the Giants game. Their TVs are also down, although internet is working.
Beast149

Beast149 to kickass69

to kickass69
I did unplug it. Twice. Didn't work.
Beast149

Beast149 to duken

to duken
I'm in 07410. Fair Lawn. Other side of Bergen County.

bludd
@optonline.net

bludd to Beast149

Anon

to Beast149
I tried most of the NJ numbers and they were busy. I called the Rockland line and got through but was put on hold for 30 mins for help before I hung up. My tv is out but phone and internet is up. I'm able to watch the football games on the optimum tv app though, really odd.
duken
join:2007-11-07
Westwood, NJ

duken to Beast149

to Beast149
TV service restored ZIP 07675
Beast149

Beast149

TV is back.
Thanks to everybody

ccccc
@optonline.net

ccccc to bludd

Anon

to bludd
Not odd at all. It is running off of the data network. Looks like the fiber from NY is down. Other services such as OD must be cached out here in NJ, that's why they are running.

Don't waste your time resetting you converter. It's not the problem. Just the fact that you still get the guide, and the converter is still on means that it is getting it's autorization ok.