how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

tunes

join:2002-01-31
Grosse Ile, MI

8300HD issues (new service)

My Mother-in-Law switched from Comcast to WOW for her TV and phone two days ago. WOW installed a 8300HD DVR which seemed to work well the first day. Sometime this morning the DVR started what appears to be a firmware update (based upon the display on the front of the DVR). The DVR display counts down from 3FF to 000 (hexidecimal) then displays "Proc" then "Upgd" and then starts at 3FF and counts down again. The DVR has been repeating this pattern for several hours and the DRV will not respond to the remote power button or the power button on the front of the DVR. No TV available while all this is going on. What is this, why is this and when will it stop? She is having second though about having switched from Comcast.

baess

join:2011-01-28
That doesn't sound right. When in doubt unplug and let it reboot.

tunes

join:2002-01-31
Grosse Ile, MI
Already tried that. Once it boots it resumes the same behavior and won't allow TV.

WOW_Dan
Premium
join:2011-03-24
Naperville, IL
kudos:35
said by tunes:

Already tried that. Once it boots it resumes the same behavior and won't allow TV.

If this behavoir is continuous and a power cycle of the box doesn't fix it, I would call customer service and have someone come out and replace the box. You could also swap it out at a local office if you'd prefer. In that state, I won't be able to communicate with the receiver, so there isn't anything I can do from here.
--
Dan Della Terza
WOW! Internet, Cable & Phone
CMTS Operations Engineer