Premium Member
join:2002-04-20
Trenton, MI

1 edit

computerman2 to howardfine

Premium Member

to howardfine

Re: [WIN8] Windows 8 - best to pass it up: review Read more: ht

Did an Upgrade Install of WIndows 8 to start with, eventually will do a fresh clean install of Windows 8, but NO Problems, Performance is Excellent, All programs work great

Very Happy with Windows 8 Pro with Media Center
Start Screen does not bother me

Came from Windows 7 64bit
been using it daily since the 26th, Not a single issue with crashing or problems at all, Very Fluid Response, Start screen is not a problem, hot corners easily accessible with a mouse just fine. Built in Windows Defender working great for protection, if I should decide to switch back to Avast when Avast 8.0 comes out and it's stable, then I may do clean install then, but for now happy

Does anyone else with WIndows 8 Media Center have Internet TV or ability to burn Cd/dvd's right from Media Center--mine is missing those options

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb

Premium Member

said by computerman2:

Does anyone else with WIndows 8 Media Center have Internet TV or ability to burn Cd/dvd's right from Media Center--mine is missing those options

I know for Windows 7, Internet TV went away back on Sept 20th. I would think the same would be true in Windows 8.

See this thread for more info

»[WIN7] September 20th Internet TV in WMC ceases

--Brian

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

Brian is correct, Internet TV is not longer available with any version of Windows Media Center.
computerman2
Premium Member
Trenton, MI

computerman2

Premium Member

Oh ok thank you both

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean to computerman2

MVM

to computerman2
I forgot when Media Center lost some specific features. However, even when you could burn disc of recorded TV easily it could only be done with mpeg not H.264 / AVCHD based recordings.

Many of my recordings are H.264 / AVCHD and are DRM free.
computerman2
Premium Member
Trenton, MI

computerman2

Premium Member

Not sure at this point and time when I may do a clean install of WIndows 8 in the future, Debating as well if I need HP Recovery Paritiion anymore as well.

Otherwise running great even if was in-place upgrade for now