All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
sancraig
join:2003-11-05
Saint Louis, MO

sancraig to nonymous

to nonymous

Re: cement experts - does this look right?

Yes, if they poured an entire homes foundation, and this was the the only issue he should count himself lucky.

Not to say he should accept this but there are much worse pours than that. Could of had a cold joint, could have been much worse.

Hell seen worse on bridge abutments, guess what they did? They patched it.

If it were my house I would rather them patch this 2'x2' area than cut it out and re-pour it with a seam. I think everybody is very optimistic thinking its all going to be re-poured cause of a 2x2 area.

Op please let us know what becomes of this.

Thanks

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22

said by sancraig:

If it were my house I would rather them patch this 2'x2' area than cut it out and re-pour it with a seam. I think everybody is very optimistic thinking its all going to be re-poured cause of a 2x2 area.

That area is the only big area... and the 'access portal' edges which is right near the bad corner... there is 1 pier that looks like this as well, I'll attach that here:

Other than the corner and that pier it generally looks pretty good.

Got any expert advise on how to seal up that re-bar? Some magic mix that will make it all good again?
nonymous (banned)
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

nonymous (banned) to sancraig

to sancraig
said by sancraig:

Yes, if they poured an entire homes foundation, and this was the the only issue he should count himself lucky.

Not to say he should accept this but there are much worse pours than that. Could of had a cold joint, could have been much worse.

Hell seen worse on bridge abutments, guess what they did? They patched it.

Op please let us know what becomes of this.

Thanks

Repair the fault area if all else ia ok. Make me feel bad about driving over a bridge.

PoloDude
Premium Member
join:2006-03-29
Aiken, SC

2 recommendations

PoloDude to dib22

Premium Member

to dib22
Holy crap that's a support pier!? Where's the cement? I wouldn't mount anything on that.

jrs8084
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Statesville, NC

jrs8084 to dib22

Premium Member

to dib22
Well, I guess that is a splendid example of stratification.
sancraig
join:2003-11-05
Saint Louis, MO

1 recommendation

sancraig to dib22

to dib22
There are multiple products that can be used for this application most have a higher structural strength than the concrete.

EMACO® S66 CI

ZERO-C® Vertical/Overhead Mortar

EMACO® R300 CI

Gel Patch

»www.buildingsystems.basf ··· pair.pdf