how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

stark4142

join:2012-11-01
reply to Sveakul

Re: [MN] Outages/slowness in northern MN

I am also in Aurora, and have been having the same problems. I tried cycling the modem/router and nothing seems to help. The internet never actually drops, it's just how it was described in a previous post.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:117
I was just notified that we are investigating a speed issue in the area. I have made Area Management aware of these issues. As soon as I get any kind of update regarding this issue, I will post it here.

yolo2die

join:2001-04-21
Mountain Iron, MN
Thats good to hear in ways, hopefully this can be resolved now.

Thank you MediacomChad

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
You are welcome.

Sveakul

join:2004-09-29
Virginia, MN
reply to MediacomChad
Same problems today, some sites will just freeze (like the MC support site), others will load, others s-l-o-w. So not just a uniform "speed" issue but like a routing issue, and changing to Open DNS from MC DNS does not fix so not DNS related. Thanks MC-Chad for letting management know this is real--multiple people, same service area, same symptoms, same time period--and please keep us updated.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
As soon as I have any information, I will post it here.

Zath

join:2012-11-12
Virginia, MN
I'm a user in Virginia with this same problem. Oddly, it only seams like the web is affected. Skype calls, gaming and such don't seam to have the same magnitude of trouble.

Not sure if its related or worth mentioning. In the past online location services like google maps would place me reasonably close to where i live, the right town at least. Since this problem has been going on these online geolocates put me in Michigan.

stark4142

reply to MediacomChad
Any word yet, my net has fully dropped out a few times in the last couple hours.

scififan68

join:2010-10-02
Fremont, NE
I have Time Warner Cable in Nebraska and Youtube is not streaming well for me either, I can't stream in 720P because it buffers, but it works fine in 480P mode. So maybe its just youtube being a piece of crap, or maybe there is a local issue.

stark4142

A few friends and I were playing diablo 3, and they're also on mediacom, granted a few towns away, but all 3 of us disconnected at the same time. So I don't think it is just youtube.