Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy to oh my

Premium Member

to oh my

Re: Double Trouble!

Underground or overhead drop?

If you have an underground drop, I am 99.96 percent sure that the drop went bad and it will need to be replaced. Seems like moisture causing the issue. My advice is to just schedule a truck roll.

My underground drop went bad and Comcast replaced it free of charge (even though I'm in a duplex) but they did a poor job and cut corners horribly.

oh my
@comcast.net

oh my

Anon

Sorry about the delay in posting. The service is overhead, with taps on the poles. I would test at the demarc, but I don't have an ideal setup to do that with, plus I don't even know what to use to open the grey Cabletek box that houses the ground block. I will attempt to test though, as a cable runs around the back of our house. If this particular cable is damaged, could noise be injected in the line and trash the upstream path?

I thank y'all for the help.

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt

Premium Member

even up in the air rain will get in to the cable.

Just call for a tech, there obvisously is a problem you can't fix yourself.

oh my
@comcast.net

oh my

Anon

I will contact Comcast soon. I have a question about billing for service calls. If I am charged, do I have to pay on the spot? Can the charge be billed to my account instead?

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by oh my :

I will contact Comcast soon. I have a question about billing for service calls. If I am charged, do I have to pay on the spot? Can the charge be billed to my account instead?

My experience is that the service call is added to your bill. However, if the problem is in the drop, or in any feeder cables/connectors before it enters your residence, you should not be billed. It really depends on exactly where Comcast defines the official demarc for your connection (and that would probably be at the first spltter, or at the wall jack if there are no splitters).