spc
uniqs
royrogers
join:2012-10-17

royrogers to nitzan

to nitzan

Re: CC Disaster

said by nitzan:

Who are you comparing to exactly? I don't know about other providers, but we haven't had any major outages at all this year, total downtime maybe 5-10 minutes the entire year.

I don't know what outfit you represent, but am I to take it that you had major outages last year?

The year before?

How long since your last major outage?
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

Nitzan operates FutureNine (F9/FNC), Cheap Voip Inc, and the website »www.cheapvoipproviders.org/

Thus, [Voipage à trois].
nitzan
Premium Member
join:2008-02-27

1 edit

nitzan to royrogers

Premium Member

to royrogers
said by royrogers:

I don't know what outfit you represent, but am I to take it that you had major outages last year?
The year before?
How long since your last major outage?

List of major outages we've had:
5/30/2008: down hard for 7 hours because our server kept crashing and we didn't implement backup servers yet at that point. Note this was 3 months after we started beta service, and also note we implemented a backup data center a week later.
10/21/2008: down hard for 4 hours. our failover scripts weren't working properly, and fixed after this.
5/31/2009: intermittent up/down for 1 hour because service was bouncing between primary and backup servers.
12/8/2011: 100% down for 15 minutes, 25% down for another 2 hours. (see my previous post)
2/28/2012: a couple of minor outages (a few minutes each) - service automatically failed over.

Total downtime in 5 years: about 14-15 hours.
Total downtime the last 4 years: about 3 hours.