spc
Search similar:

uniqs
smerrikin
join:2011-03-30
Ottawa, ON

smerrikin

Dear Marc...

Can you please find a new way to contact Rogers when it is a priority. I don't think it's very productive of your business to wait 24-48 hours for a response but when they send back a bogus response then you have to wait another 24-48?
I'm actually shocked that this is the only way to contact Rogers.

MFido
Montreal
join:2012-10-19

MFido

Dear Jesus...

Can you please find a new way to contact your father when it is a priority...

Get real ...
Guru
join:2008-10-01

Guru to smerrikin

to smerrikin
I don't think, there is a need to involve Jesus. lol.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero to smerrikin

Premium Member

to smerrikin
said by smerrikin:

Can you please find a new way to contact Rogers when it is a priority. I don't think it's very productive of your business to wait 24-48 hours for a response but when they send back a bogus response then you have to wait another 24-48?

Whom ever came up with that policy concept in the Incumbents camp needs to be dragged into the street and have unspeakable things done to them.
Jaxom
join:2012-03-10
East York, ON

Jaxom

said by TwiztedZero:

Whom ever came up with that policy concept in the Incumbents camp needs to be dragged into the street and have unspeakable things done to them.

Why on earth would you think this is by choice?

This is Rogers complying as little as possible to the CRTC's demand that they allow 3rd party ISPs. This is Rogers trying to piss off as many Teksavvy customers as possible.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

Exactly what Jaxom said. There is no SLA in the tariffs, therefore, Rogers can take as long as they want to respond.

If you need service with priority support, wholesale isn't for you.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre to smerrikin

Premium Member

to smerrikin
Hi smerrikin,

I totally understand where you are coming from on this.

The reality is that we are currently bound by the procedures put in place by Rogers and by this I mean adhering to their methods of contact and their resolution times.

I know they are not perfect, but this is what we have and we have to make the best of things.

We do work hard to stay on top of things so that we can escalate them the second they do not adhere to the provided times. Although not ideal, we are able to catch many "slips through the crack" by doing this.

Regards,

Andre
smerrikin
Ottawa, ON

smerrikin to BACONATOR26

to BACONATOR26
I like teksavvy but I don't like being without Internet for a week while they try and contact Rogers.
camelot
join:2008-04-12
Whitby, ON

camelot to smerrikin

to smerrikin
Rogers' own customers usually have to wait this long as well.

My neighbours' Rogers-supplied switches blew out during a storm on a Sunday. He called Rogers that night, and they said the EARLIEST they can get someone out was Wednesday. This is a guy who has everything with them, TV-Internet-Phone-Mobiles.

Rogers doesn't treat it's customers any different than wholesalers. No R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

Except that for repair jobs, they are limited by the available subcontracted techs and their scheduling. In some cases they can and do come next day.

If it's something like the modem was deleted from the database for whatever reason, they can re-provision the modem in 5 minutes.
BACONATOR26

BACONATOR26 to smerrikin

Premium Member

to smerrikin
said by smerrikin:

I like teksavvy but I don't like being without Internet for a week while they try and contact Rogers.

In which case, again as much I hate to say it since TekSavvy is a good company, you need to go to retail service for that kind of priority.

I've been with Rogers now for about 6 months, rock solid service, no outages etc. where TekSavvy because of their limited support with Rogers has had several.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to smerrikin

Premium Member

to smerrikin
said by smerrikin:

*nod* - Will do.

In the end, it just looks bad on them... the more this goes on, the more pressure they'll be under to change it.
smerrikin
Ottawa, ON

smerrikin

I agree that it should take awhile for a repair job. Mine is a dhcp error.
Sent the ticket in, 24 hours later they got a reply back from Rogers saying modem firmware isn't compatible. It's a week old dcm476 shipped from teksavvy so I and teksavvy know that the firmware is perfect. Reply sent back to Rogers and now waiting again (12hours now)
First 2 days was the apparent dhcp errors in Ottawa.
I may have to go back to Rogers if they can't fix this in a timely matter as I rely on my Internet for business.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

These DHCP issues are just ridiculous too.

I sent them a list of more then 800 such tickets from last month. They certainly know this is a big problem. This is not the first time we have these issues either.. a year ago we had very similar issues. only difference now is that people aren't offline for weeks.. but only days. either way it's not acceptable.
mlord
join:2006-11-05
Kanata, ON

mlord to smerrikin

to smerrikin
said by smerrikin:

I agree that it should take awhile for a repair job. Mine is a dhcp error.
Sent the ticket in, 24 hours later they got a reply back from Rogers saying modem firmware isn't compatible. It's a week old dcm476 shipped from teksavvy so I and teksavvy know that the firmware is perfect. Reply sent back to Rogers and now waiting again (12hours now)

Took 11 days for a similar issue/resolution here.

Your old modem: what modem/firmware does it have?
If it's the DCM475 with 02.08 on it, then you can get that updated in 20 minutes here for $5 -- makes it useful again as a backup unit, and/or makes it possible to resell it afterward.
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to TwiztedZero

Premium Member

to TwiztedZero
said by TwiztedZero:

I'd like to speak of things that could be done to them....... many of the tortures @ Madame Tussaud's spring to mind.....
smerrikin
Ottawa, ON

smerrikin to mlord

to mlord
My old modem was a sb5100.
Wasn't dead and I kind of regret upgrading. Had it since Rogers started selling them many moons ago.
New one is the 476 with the latest firmware.

Oinktastic
Let them use fibre
join:2005-08-24
Scarborough

Oinktastic to smerrikin

to smerrikin
Zero-to-48 hours isn't so bad for the initial response. It may be inconvenient for the customer, but it gives the incumbent some time to gather the needed information and get the tech dispatched. However, if things don't work out and the 48 hours has elapsed, then that's when the escalation procedure should kick in. If the 48 hour limit has passed and the customer is left without service, or at least a very good explanation and a reasonable timeline for incident resolution, that's when you need to light a fire under their ...

A 48 hour response-time doesn't cut it the second time around.
vientito1
join:2009-01-09

vientito1

On a different note, how's the agreement with videotron? Is it better or worse? Or is it the same 48-hour turnaround?

TSI Keith
Premium Member
join:2012-07-09

TSI Keith

Premium Member

Videotron is behind on orders, installs and service changes may be delayed at this time. For service issues however we are able to call a representative at Videotron to have the issue addressed. Typically there is resolution (or something scheduled) by the end of the call.

AOD
Premium Member
join:2008-01-24
M9B

AOD

Premium Member

said by TSI Keith:

Videotron is behind on orders, installs and service changes may be delayed at this time. For service issues however we are able to call a representative at Videotron to have the issue addressed. Typically there is resolution (or something scheduled) by the end of the call.

rogers needs to have a wholesale department for stuff like this.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

Rogers does have a wholesale department, but it ends up being a pool of customer service agents.

Crowbar10
join:2009-06-23
Toronto , ON

Crowbar10 to smerrikin

to smerrikin
said by smerrikin:

I may have to go back to Rogers if they can't fix this in a timely matter as I rely on my Internet for business.

This is exactly what Robbers wants . Also if you're using a residential service for business , you may want a backup just for cases like this ....
smerrikin
Ottawa, ON

smerrikin

What they need is a direct phone to Rogers, (I think they used to have that a long time ago) so they don't have to wait upto 48 hours to get a BS response. I know I should have a backup, but this is my home based business that is just a second income for me. I don't mind going down for a day. What I don't like is waiting 5 days for a DHCP issue that can be solved in 5 minutes by Rogers.

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

As mentioned before sometime ...

Rogers opted to have their customer email support staff handle the requests of the TPIAs. Rogers email support has ALWAYS had an "up to 48 hours" turnaround time on anything posted to them. And worse, they have the habit of not actually *reading* support requests. They focus on a keyword and ask dumb questions which does nothing but infuriate customers.
jibby
join:2008-03-31

jibby to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

These DHCP issues are just ridiculous too.

I sent them a list of more then 800 such tickets from last month. They certainly know this is a big problem. This is not the first time we have these issues either.. a year ago we had very similar issues. only difference now is that people aren't offline for weeks.. but only days. either way it's not acceptable.

800 tickets in a month just for the DHCP issues? wow, that's insane!

i'm betting 799 of those tickets were closed with 'modem is online' too, lol
smerrikin
Ottawa, ON

smerrikin

I have never had a dhcp error until I upgrade my to a 476. I am regretting buying it and should have not de commissioned my sb5100
My dad (2 blocks away) still has not had an issue with his sb5100 and I just convinced him to never switch. What a waste of money.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by smerrikin:

My dad (2 blocks away) still has not had an issue with his sb5100 and I just convinced him to never switch. What a waste of money.

Well, thats all well and good, until Rogers bans all Docsis 2.0 modems from their network one day, including their own customers.

I've never owned a DCM 475/476, I've been on a Motorola SB6120 for 2 years now with TSI (when they first got them) and never had any DHCP issues, for what it's worth... Lucky i guess.
smerrikin
Ottawa, ON

smerrikin

Wondering if its just an issue with Thompson modems?
Anyone having dhcp problems with SB modems?

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy

Premium Member

said by smerrikin:

Wondering if its just an issue with Thompson modems?
Anyone having dhcp problems with SB modems?

This has no effect on the provisioning process...whether its a Thompson modem or an SB modem or a Webstar or whatever kind of modem.

The issue isn't with the modem, the problem is when the modem syncs up and it gets its own IP, then CPE requests an IP, DHCP server goes "Sorry, for your area...no IPs available from the available pool"....

Again, issue is Rogers never really had to worry...they'd manage their own scopes....issue is TSI can't manage their scopes because they don't have any access to the DHCP server in question, otherwise they would see something to the effect of "Scope is almost full, better allocate some more addresses", vs. Rogers who have huge scopes and do a Ron Popeil and set it and forget it because they have ownership of millions of IPs vs TSI and for the most part Rogers doesn't do much looking at the DHCP server because I'm sure its a beast to manage...

So it sucks...it sucks that TSI doesn't really have access to the equipment to manage the problem because I'm sure they'd see it right away and be proactive and assign or reallocate IPs as neccessary....Unfortunately its the downside of the TPIA agreement....

I know TSI has Return on Investment to realize on, but if they realized and just went to the Aggreggated POI, this wouldn't happen at all, because then there would just be 1 scope, vs 1 scope at minimum for each POI and the administrative overhead would go way down....I don't know why they continue to drag their heels on this....because the negative PR and the increased costs in calls to their call centre, weighed vs. going to the Aggregated POI, might show them they'd save some money in the long run....

It costs money each time you call in to them....probably eats up their profit for their customer if they call in just once...I believe in 2007 it was $1.39/minute each time a person called in...between paying for the responding person, + technology, + phone, + building expense, heat, water, hydro, bathroom facilities + depreciation, etc...

Hopefully they've looked at it.