Premium Member
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
·AT&T U-Verse

trparky to Octavean

Premium Member

to Octavean

Re: Can AMD survive?

I'd never consider a tablet for main computing. Don't get me wrong, I have an Android tablet but I don't use it for general-purpose computing. Doing anything but simple things on it is a chore and don't get me started on typing on it, that's a complete PITA.

aurgathor
join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA

aurgathor

said by trparky:

I'd never consider a tablet for main computing. Don't get me wrong, I have an Android tablet but I don't use it for general-purpose computing. Doing anything but simple things on it is a chore and don't get me started on typing on it, that's a complete PITA.

You should've gotten a Surface with a Type cover...

trparky
Premium Member
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
·AT&T U-Verse

trparky

Premium Member

said by aurgathor:

You should've gotten a Surface with a Type cover...

I got it back when the Surface was not an option.

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean to trparky

MVM

to trparky
said by trparky:

I may say the same thing but I would question the relevance of doing so. My preferences aren’t necessarily ubiquitous and the world doesn’t follow my lead. The industry goes in its own direction whether I like it or not.

My Wife is a developer / programmer. She used Windows at work for years and her employer one day just gave her a Mac Book Pro for home use and a 27” iMac for office work. I’m sure there was some lead-up to this but people don’t always have a choice is what I’m trying to get at here. And when people do have a choice of platform the less sophisticated users with modest needs (of which there are many) may opt for a simpler option.

ccallana
Huh?
Premium Member
join:2000-08-03
Folsom, CA

ccallana to trparky

Premium Member

to trparky
»www.intel.com/content/ww ··· tibility

The Convertible form factor will start to change all of that. A laptop, a tablet, all in one....

I've been using a Windows 8 tablet for several months now for work - it is certainly not ideal when away from the desk (at my desk it is docked just like a laptop). A convertible will solve that...