how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

btB

@rr.com
reply to btB

Re: Official 2012 CFL Thread

Guess I was wrong in thinking that the Argo's 1st string could not score 40. Eskimos actually looked good after the 1st drive and afterwards until the end of the 1st quarter. Then, Boyd fumbled away the ball and when the damaged was done, the Argos had 31 points in the 2nd. That injury on Nichols as he was sacked looked bad. Hope he is can comeback 100% healthy next year.

Second game was great. Just when you thought the game was going to go one way, something would happen that would turn things around 180 degrees: the high snap on the conversion, the fumble after a long gain, and the touchdown with under 2 minutes left. Hard to imagine if any of the future playoff games will be better than this one. One reason for this is that I think the jury is still out on Tate, and that is not ideal when you play the defending champs next week on the road.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21

Holy crap a playoff game victory in Toronto? Hell hath freezeth over or what?

NefCanuck

join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

said by HiVolt:

Holy crap a playoff game victory in Toronto? Hell hath freezeth over or what?

No, Hell only freezes over if the Boatmen can sink the Als,

That happens and I'm ordering studs for my winter tires cause yeah, hell just froze over *real* good

NefCanuck

btB

@rr.com

It is not as though the Als have breezed easily against the Argos this year. Argos have a shot as Als are closer to smoke & mirrors than contenders.

July 13 - Argos win in Montreal. Ray plays the whole game.
Sept 23 - Als win in Montreal. Ray leaves the game in the 1st quarter when his own center rolls on his leg.
Oct 14 - Als win in Toronto. Ray is still injured and does not even play.

NefCanuck

join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

said by btB :

It is not as though the Als have breezed easily against the Argos this year. Argos have a shot as Als are closer to smoke & mirrors than contenders.

July 13 - Argos win in Montreal. Ray plays the whole game.
Sept 23 - Als win in Montreal. Ray leaves the game in the 1st quarter when his own center rolls on his leg.
Oct 14 - Als win in Toronto. Ray is still injured and does not even play.

I'm not saying that the Argos can't win at all, but Calvillo, as creaky as he has looked at times, I think would like nothing better than to beat Toronto and then win the Grey Cup.

Following which, if he's smart, he walks off into the sunset (while he can still walk, he's taken some mighty big hits this season)

NefCanuck