spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

sandman_1

join:2011-04-23
reply to elwoodblues

Re: [Newsgroups] DMCA catching up to Usenet?

With a little ingenuity, there are free servers out there that can supplement your main accounts. Some even have up to 900 days retention. Most are in the NL too and have no US servers. I am not even paying for Usenet now and I max out my 30Mbps line with just free servers.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
reply to swintec

One was from last week, which I couldn't get on Saturday morning, the "broadcast" and web versions were all nfg.

I got it from torrents and ill check the others when I get home.

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS
reply to elwoodblues

Astraweb barfed late yesterday afternoon affecting a large number of posts propagating out to everyone, if the articles were posted through them which most are. Not saying this affected your downloads, but I think quite a bit that came through during the 2-3 hour window were completely broken and missing way to many blocks to repair.
--
Usenet Block Accounts | Unlimited Accounts

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
reply to elwoodblues

I'm running newsdemon,Astra and frugal, NONE if them had that content

sandman_1

reply to juilinsandar

I mean get at least two tier 1 providers or resellers that use them. NL providers can be a good backup to your US provider account though. They seem to remove content more slowly than US providers. Sunny is good from what I have heard. The only thing bad about them are their headers. If you download headers, don't use them. If you download just NZBs, you are good to go.

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to sandman_1

said by sandman_1:

Yep they are becoming more prevalent and mainly because of just 1 outfit, Morganelli.

You have to diversify. The days of getting your content from one NSP are over. You should probably have access to 3 different tier 1 providers or their resellers now. I would say two at the least.

Do you mean, for example, paying for multiple US usenet providers such as, newsdemon, astraweb and usentetnow, or do you mean paying for a US provider and one from europe like sunnyusenet?
--
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Sir Winston Churchill

sandman_1

reply to elwoodblues

Yep they are becoming more prevalent and mainly because of just 1 outfit, Morganelli.

You have to diversify. The days of getting your content from one NSP are over. You should probably have access to 3 different tier 1 providers or their resellers now. I would say two at the least.

I see no need to go back to torrents. For me, all of this mess has just been a minor inconvenience. At first it caught me by surprise and I was unprepared but now it is just old-hat. I have adjusted and now it doesn't affect me anymore. Joe Morganelli and his dung heap for a company can believe all they want but the facts are they are having a very minimal impact on Usenet.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia

I've always known about the HBO stuff, so I'm quick to get it, but lately I've noticed a CW title, a CBS title and a ABC title all "missing parts" within hours of being posted.

I'm forced to get my "fix" from Torrents, which is something I don't like doing (I feel like I'm exposing myself).
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......