how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bstone026

join:2012-08-04
Century, FL

Frontier Bandwidth cap?

Hello all, I just have a simple question does frontier impose caps or limits on any of there internet services? I've been using netflix plus downloading some rather large files lately and its got me worried about extra charges or caps, any info would be very helpful thanks Brian

Aranarth

join:2011-11-04
Stanwood, MI
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

As far as I know, no there are no caps.

I do vaguely remember seeing something in the contract about not abusing the service but I never seen anyone complain of being capped in this forum.

I bet to be an abuser you would have to be using torrent 24/7 before anyone noticed.

Smith6612
Premium,MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
kudos:24
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
·Frontier Communi..
reply to bstone026

In the past few years Frontier defined 5GB and then later on a higher limit as a cap, which they experimented with in some areas. They don't have a definite cap but they do have provisions in place with their Terms of Service to deal with abusers of service. Otherwise, as of right now, no cap so go ahead and have fun.

Dampier
Phillip M Dampier

join:2003-03-23
Rochester, NY

1 edit

Frontier has been known to quietly contact their heaviest users and attempt to scare them off high usage with an offer to extend service if they agree to pay much more. Most reduce usage or leave. This has been Frontier policy in Elk Grove, Calif., and in certain parts of Minnesota.

But they tend to back down whenever we start raising a stink about it.

More info:

»stopthecap.com/2010/12/13/fronti···lose-it/

»stopthecap.com/2010/04/14/fronti···r-250gb/
--
Phillip M. Dampier
Editor, Stop the Cap!
»stopthecap.com