Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

norbert26
Premium
join:2010-08-10
Warwick, RI

[iPhone] Current IP5 supply situation

There's an old thread from beginning of Oct from release time of ip5 and supply was back logged. Its now Nov 12th and i have an update window open next week just after TG it looks like. Are these still hard to come by i only need a 16 GB white VZW model. If its hard to come by i can just sit on my ip4 OR move on to something else. I believe my window opens right on black Friday due to TG blocking it the actual day it would have been available. (ip4s is another thought).

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS

As long as your window doesn't "close" then order when it opens and you can have it withing a two weeks (or less) I would guess at this point. And since you've waited this long, I can't see how waiting a couple of more weeks will be that hard...

(I just upgraded from an iPhone 4 and it was definitely worth the wait)
--
♬ Music is life ♬

norbert26
Premium
Warwick, RI

said by darcilicious:

As long as your window doesn't "close" then order when it opens and you can have it withing a two weeks (or less) I would guess at this point. And since you've waited this long, I can't see how waiting a couple of more weeks will be that hard...

(I just upgraded from an iPhone 4 and it was definitely worth the wait)

That would be right on TG day . But i would wait and see what they have on black Friday (if any offers). Waiting would be not a problem its not like i am without a phone. I can pay for the phone right away and just wait for it to come in.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
reply to norbert26

I just ordered from Sprint today and they told me a week for a 64GB black one but I don't know what Sprint's normal lead time is. AT&T was always same day or the next day whenever I ordered anything that was an in-stock item.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS

said by skeechan:

AT&T was always same day or the next day whenever I ordered anything that was an in-stock item.

Well of course. The issues is having them in stock When we ordered from AT&T about three weeks ago, 32GB black iPhone 5's were back order 7-14 business days... FWIW.
--
♬ Music is life ♬

KevinX

@comcastbusiness.net
reply to norbert26

My daughter ordered a 16GB White iPhone 5 on 11/06 from the local AT&T store. Got notice this on 11/10 that it shipped from China over the weekend and should arrive on 11/13. So the 3-4 weeks was actually ~1 week for her.

I had a similar experience about 3 weeks before. Ordered mine by phone with AT&T on Sunday 9/26 and it was delivered on Thursday 10/5. They quoted me 2-3 weeks.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
AA169|170
reply to darcilicious

My point is Sprint may still take a week to ship even with in stock items. This is the only thing I've ever gotten from them.

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11

said by skeechan:

My point is Sprint may still take a week to ship even with in stock items. This is the only thing I've ever gotten from them.

While I was with Sprint from 2000 to 2011 (can't believe it was that long..), everything we ordered over the phone arrived within 2 days. That being said, we purchased the majority of our devices via retail stores, so maybe our shipping experience was not the norm.
--
University of Southern California - Fight On!

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to norbert26

Says 2-3 weeks for unlocked White (16GB) version of iPhone 5, Canadian Apple Site. I have no idea if any provider here has any, although Rogers was offering $100 credits for anyone who didn't receive it in less than 2 weeks.

I'm skipping the iPhone 5 and will go for the 5s or 6. Unless the bb10 turns out to be a hit.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

norbert26
Premium
Warwick, RI

said by J E F F:

Says 2-3 weeks for unlocked White (16GB) version of iPhone 5, Canadian Apple Site. I have no idea if any provider here has any, although Rogers was offering $100 credits for anyone who didn't receive it in less than 2 weeks.

I'm skipping the iPhone 5 and will go for the 5s or 6. Unless the bb10 turns out to be a hit.

I would have 3 different stores in the mall to try radio shack,Apple store, Or VZW store to see which has shortest backlog . That said i just came across a rumor mill article Apple already trial testing 5s and may do a "refresh" in months like the iPad 3 . If thats the case maybe i should not rush. Here it is:
article here

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1

5S already, eh? I would have thought April or something.

So that means the 6 comes out next in October.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
AA169|170

1 edit

I ordered an iP5 (64GB black) from Sprint yesterday morning and it shipped same day. It's arriving today UPS NDA. So evidently supply for some carriers isn't a problem.

NefCanuck

join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to J E F F

said by J E F F:

Still waiting on an unlocked iPhone 5 64GB I ordered direct from Apple on October 30 (Order still in process, expected delivery date is Dec 3 - 7)

NefCanuck