how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Pos_user

join:2004-08-17
East Hanover, NJ

Move today/Install tomorrow ??? yeah right

I just posted in the OOL direct forum, but i figured i'd post here to get some opinions.

I know NJ is upside down right now due to Sandy, - we've had power here in florham park for about 10 days and I see OOL trucks driving around this area as well.

I moved on the 3rd

Nov 3rd - scheduled install - no call/no show

I called OOL to complain

Nov 5th - scheduled install no call/no show

I called OOL to complain

Nov 12th - scheduled install no call/no show

I called OOL and they told me it was cancelled and i should have received a call (i did not)

Now they told me 11/14 - guaranteed (yea right)

They told me the 3rd, 5th, and 12th, were all cancelled the day before and i should have been notified ? I wasnt notified once, and they do have my cell on file as my primary...
This is insane and the most stressful situation - I mean i understand sandy wiped out a lot of people, I understand things have been delayed. I did ALL of the work, tech probably just to come run some tests, and check some numbers, call dispatch and activate the service. It will be the easiest install of the week for him - still - i can't get someone out here, like i'm a leper.

Is anyone else dealing with this same BS ? or am i the only schmuck ?

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
I'll be polite and say I think your expectations are unrealistically high.

root

join:2002-12-11
reply to Pos_user
I scheduled an install for a location and while it was about 7 days out from when I called, the install tech called me at 10:50am and arrived at 11am for an 11-2pm appt on the day of.

Pos_user

join:2004-08-17
East Hanover, NJ
reply to Bob4
Ha...expecting too much? All i'm asking is that OOL comes onsite the day it's scheduled, and to give me a courtesy call when they decide to CANCEL for no apparent reason. I'm taking PTO days each time it's scheduled, and they just disregard any of that and just cancel ? I wouldn't know it was cancelled until NO one shows up and i call to complain and i get the canned response "Oh, it was cancelled, you should have gotten a call"

rick0204

join:2009-05-20
North Bergen, NJ
reply to Pos_user
Today is the only day I would complain about. Call to confirm tomorrow.

IllIlIlllIll
EliteData
Premium
join:2003-07-06
Hampton Bays, NY
kudos:7
reply to Pos_user
said by Pos_user:

I just posted in the OOL direct forum, but i figured i'd post here to get some opinions.

I know NJ is upside down right now due to Sandy, - we've had power here in florham park for about 10 days and I see OOL trucks driving around this area as well.

I moved on the 3rd

I called OOL to complain

I called OOL to complain

I called OOL and they told me it was cancelled and i should have received a call (i did not)

They told me the 3rd, 5th, and 12th, were all cancelled the day before and i should have been notified ? I wasnt notified once, and they do have my cell on file as my primary...
This is insane and the most stressful situation - I mean i understand sandy wiped out a lot of people, I understand things have been delayed. I did ALL of the work, tech probably just to come run some tests, and check some numbers, call dispatch and activate the service. It will be the easiest install of the week for him - still - i can't get someone out here, like i'm a leper.

how far away from the original residence did you move ?
if its in the same billing area, just connect your equipment at your new location - it should work without issues
--
Suffolk County NY Police Feed - »www.scpdny.com
PS3 Gaming Feed - »www.livestream.com/elitedata

root

join:2002-12-11
said by IllIlIlllIll:

said by Pos_user:

I moved on the 3rd

I called OOL to complain

I called OOL to complain

how far away from the original residence did you move ?
if its in the same billing area, just connect your equipment at your new location - it should work without issues

Err...that's not exactly the best idea. If he has OV and "just moves" his modem, the E911 addressing for his OV number will direct emergency personel to his old address in the event he calls 911. Not to mention his drop probably isn't connected at the tap on the pole.

IllIlIlllIll
EliteData
Premium
Hampton Bays, NY
as temporary relief, its an "OK" idea.
i wouldnt wait for CV to come and "do their thing" if the cable boxes/modem operate without issue in the interim while waiting for them to come around.
--

JDolan

@optonline.net
reply to Pos_user
Look into FIOS, Directv, or Dish

Network Guy
Premium
join:2000-08-25
New York
kudos:2
LOL @ so-called JDolan post

Lois

join:2012-11-14
West Babylon, NY
reply to Pos_user
I'm in western Suffolk county and moved one town over on 11/01. Had technician scheduled for 11/2 between 8am to 11am. Technician never showed. I've rescheduled 4 times because of no shows and no notice or phone call. The place I moved to never lost electricity.

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to Pos_user

blohner

join:2002-06-26
Cortlandt Manor, NY
Reviews:
·ooma
·Google Voice
·Optimum Online
reply to Lois
While there are a ton of good reasons to postpone there is no excuse for not letting you know at least a day ahead of time... I would raise hell in a hand-basket (had a similar situation in another location before and got a year free service out of it) over lost time and salary...
--
I am addicted to speed --- Boost + speed that is ---

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
Does Cablevision still give a credit for a missed appointment?

EDIT: Note that Cablevision calls bfore the tech comes. If you don't answer the phone, they don't show up. So make sure you're at whatever phone number they have on your account.

IllIlIlllIll
EliteData
Premium
Hampton Bays, NY
said by Bob4:

Cablevision calls before the tech comes. If you don't answer the phone, they don't show up. So make sure you're at whatever phone number they have on your account.

not always.
the tech showed up at my residence without calling any of the given working numbers first, but also before any of the other drops on my block that were damaged, were repaired first.
he was not here to fix those drops, just mine.
it would have been better and more efficient for the company in general if the tech fixed the additional broken drops on my block as well as mine but he stated that he did not have any job orders to do them and it was late at night, this was his last job on the way home.
--