Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine

Mass Effect 3 - Omega DLC

»www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-···sive-yet

So, the new DLC will be coming out soon. Biggest one they've done so far. 4 hours of gameplay.

Here's the kicker.
Priciest one too. $15.
2 new characters-- BUT, you can only use them during the DLC. They don't leave with you, you can't take them anywhere else, and you can't bring any of your other teammates on the adventure. I guess adding a couple of extra dialogue options was too much work.

After the ending, and the Dragon Age series, With good old EA, I guess they're going back to the good old 'the less, the better' road. Why bother writing dialogue and options for multiple characters? That's just a waste of resources. Choices? Pfah.

And I really like this part.

The existence of an Omega-based storyline has been known about since before Mass Effect 3 launched. The missions were originally included in early versions of the game's script, before being excised (and presumably expanded) for use in a separate DLC pack. An image of Aria T'loak's squadmate icon was actually broadcast during an official BioWare Pulse video.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
I don't get the DLC for ME3. I've already beaten the game. Would I have to go back and start a new game to take advantage of the new content?

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine

1 edit
No idea how they'll make it work... could be that it will just be a stand-alone DLC that you play like an expansion? Since your other companions don't matter, and you can't take these anywhere, the main game seems irrelevant for the most part.

Either way, this makes me officially done with ME.
I've enjoyed and replayed the first one quite a few times to try different classes, paragone/renegade, etc... replayed the second twice to try and save the crew and some characters (I was dicking around the first playthrough.) But for ME3? It's just getting worse and worse for me... I doubt I'll ever bother to even replay it a second time. And these silly DLCs with content that should've been in the original game in the first place aren't helping.

And what's going to be their DLC in ME4 on the day of release? "For only $14.99, get exclusive features made only for the hardcore gamers. You get to unlock the function to SAVE the game, as well the function to start the game! The DLC to continue a saved game will be released in the following weeks, so keep checking our awesome updates!""

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
Such a heavily-scripted game has limited replay value. I enjoyed the MP in ME3, but you can only do that for so long.

I think the only one I seriously replayed from beginning-to-end was #2. But #3 ends only one of three ways (four if you shoot), and you can change it at the last second, so there's little reason to go back and re-do "everything" from the first chapter.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.