share rss forum feed

telcodad
Premium
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:15
reply to camper

Re: A tale of two Cable Companies

This item on the FierceCable site discusses the disparities between the different cable companies:

Time Warner Cable breaks ranks from Cablevision, Comcast on Hurricane Sandy billing policy
By Steve Donohue, FierceCable - November 9, 2012
»www.fiercecable.com/story/time-w···12-11-09

camper
Premium
join:2010-03-21
Bethel, CT
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by telcodad:

This item on the FierceCable site discusses the disparities between the different cable companies:...

Thanks for the link.

Yup, That article definitely shows Time-Warner to have the best approach.

I do disagree with the article putting Cablevision in the same bucket as Comcast, though.

Cablevision is quite specific in their statement about what they will do to help you, i.e., a credit for their regular monthly charges during the period when Optimum TV, phone or Internet products were unavailable... Customers will not be responsible for any damage to Cablevision equipment caused by the storm, and will be able to exchange damaged equipment at no cost.

Comcast's statement, on the other hand, only offers to talk with you about your problem, i.e., We will handle customers on an individual basis. Meaning that you have to call Comcast, wait for an available customer service person, plead your case, and then face the likelihood that Comcast will tell you that your case does not warrant any manner of refund, or even that you owe Comcast for damaged equipment, as people found out after Hurricane Ike.

Ebolla

join:2005-09-28
Dracut, MA

1 recommendation

case by case does NOT mean "plead your case and hope you get a refund" as you seem to think. It means credits will vary depending on the situation. My area was out for 4 hours, 1 town over 1/2 the town was out for 2 days the other 1/2 for 4 days and then you have people with down drops that couldnt get done until the area was fixed. So should everyone get a 4 hour credit, a 2 day credit? 4 day?

Credits are going to be based on the customers issue, not a blanket credit for whole area. Services could even be up in an area but the customer had a down powerline to home impacting them, the system wouldnt be aware of that.