to elwoodblues

Re: BB10 launches Jan 30

Q10 is coming soon with keyboard goodness. I hope I can afford it

Last Parade
join:2002-10-07
Port Colborne, ON

Last Parade to elwoodblues

to elwoodblues
Starting to see commercials for the new "zee" 10.

koira
Hey Siri Walk Me
Premium Member
join:2004-02-16

koira to loosedobbs

Premium Member

to loosedobbs
said by loosedobbs:

Economic action plan.

"BlackBerry: Telefonica Gets $265 Million Loan From Canada To Buy BB10 Smartphones"

thats kinda greasy ! EDC loaning money to a Spanish carrier to flog phones produced in Mexico

»www.huffingtonpost.ca/20 ··· 498.html
Robrr
join:2008-04-19

Robrr to elwoodblues

to elwoodblues
Finally picked up my Z10 last night.

Still getting used to it as there is a definite learning curve coming from a Bold 9900 but overall I am liking it

creed3020
Premium Member
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON

creed3020 to lawrence171

Premium Member

to lawrence171
said by lawrence171:

Agreed. I'll be switching from a BB Bold 9700 so really looking forward to the upgrade!
mr weather
Premium Member
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON

mr weather to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
Rogers is saying April 30 for its retail sales to begin. Can't wait! I've got a Bold 9780 that needs replacing.

Taylortbb
Premium Member
join:2007-02-18
Kitchener, ON

Taylortbb to koira

Premium Member

to koira
said by koira:

said by loosedobbs:

Economic action plan.

"BlackBerry: Telefonica Gets $265 Million Loan From Canada To Buy BB10 Smartphones"

thats kinda greasy ! EDC loaning money to a Spanish carrier to flog phones produced in Mexico

»www.huffingtonpost.ca/20 ··· 498.html

The Mexico-based manufacturer gets paid on the order of $12-15/phone for assembly, so the profit can't be very high. I'm basing that on standard manufacturing costs for phones, about $150 for parts and $12-15 assembly. The average selling price (ASP) of the Z10 is estimated at $505-520, that's the price BlackBerry sells it to the carrier for. The difference between the production cost and ASP is money for Canada, whether that's funding R&D or profit. Sounds like a decent amount of money for Canada.

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

1 edit

J E F F4 to lawrence171

Premium Member

to lawrence171
said by lawrence171:

There are going to be cheaper ones after the Q10..along the line of the current "Curve". My friend is using one, but, like a good corporate citizen, he refuses to show it to me. The Q10 replaces the BOLD. They need one to replace the Curve still.

He said there will be 6 versions in all. They got an order from [deleted] for [deleted] million units....for the Curve replacement..go figure. But they're estimating sales of [deleted] million over the next year. They expect to be #2 behind Android in [deleted]. They doubt they can overtake Android, but i might be possible. months.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to J E F F4

Premium Member

to J E F F4
A analyst has released a study that the rate of returns on the Z10 is higher then sales.

Blackberry has contested this, and since the firm won't release its methodolgy its launched a complaint with the OSC and SEC to investigate.

Sounds like someone trying to make a buck short selling the stock. It dropped 7% on th news.

»business.financialpost.c ··· -on-z10/

urbanriot
Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot

Premium Member

said by elwoodblues:

A analyst has released a study that the rate of returns on the Z10 is higher then sales.

quote:
"In several cases, returns are now exceeding sales, a phenomenon we have never seen before," the research and investment firm said in a report.
I call bullshit on that. Everyone I talk to that has one loves it and it's really "fast" and enjoyable to use...

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
I think they're more interested in buying long term and want a low buying price.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to elwoodblues

MVM

to elwoodblues
A higher rate of returns than previous BlackBerry phones should be expected. It's a totally new OS, and there are bound to be some people buying the thing that don't like the change from the original OS and will return it...
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to urbanriot

Premium Member

to urbanriot
said by urbanriot:

said by elwoodblues:

quote:
"In several cases, returns are now exceeding sales, a phenomenon we have never seen before," the research and investment firm said in a report.
I call bullshit on that. Everyone I talk to that has one loves it and it's really "fast" and enjoyable to use...

This company probably has a big short position.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by MaynardKrebs:

This company probably has a big short position.

You're probably right.
said by »www.thestar.com/business ··· ort.html :
BlackBerry, the Canadian smartphone maker, said it will ask securities regulators to investigate a report that its new phones have high return rates, arguing that the “false” information may have been released in a deliberate attempt to manipulate its stock price.
Edit - heh, Elwood got to it first.

BigSensFan
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Belle River, ON

BigSensFan

Premium Member

z10 software update out in Canada today (to 10.1)
BigSensFan

BigSensFan to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
10.1 update done

Also anyone on 10.1 can download the Skype App (Sign up at Skype for the 3 months free to BB10 users)
BigSensFan

BigSensFan

Premium Member

At BB Live they just announced that BBM will be available on Adroid Ice Cream Sandwich and higher as well as iOS6 this summer
BigSensFan

BigSensFan

Premium Member

BB also announced they are releasing a low cost Q5 for developing markets
BigSensFan

BigSensFan

Premium Member

For those interested there is a new version of Instagram available to sideload.. works perfectly

Details here

»crackberry.com/new-insta ··· berry-10