All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
suceress
join:2008-04-04

suceress to diablo18926

to diablo18926

Re: [HN7000S] Will be getting Gen4

If you haven't "upgraded" already, you might want to see if you are eligible for Exede12 on the exede.com website. It is via WildBlue. I just got it and am very pleased thus far.

vs

One thing that was a major deciding factor for me was the Late Night Free Zone. I got the lowest plan that is 10Gb per month during regular hours but midnight to 5am is unlimited.

Gen4 only gives you 10Gb in regular hours and 10Gb in the "bonus bytes" hours. The first day I had Exede12, my brother was able to load the 11Gb patch for some video game during the free zone.

There are some drawbacks-- such as you can't checkyour usage via the modem, but hopefully that will change with time. There is a free program you can download to monitor your usage though.

I've found the tech support to be much better thus far. I know I am new to the service and things could change, but I'm happier with this now than I was when I first got Direcway/Hughesnet.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

said by suceress:

If you haven't "upgraded" already, you might want to see if you are eligible for Exede12 on the exede.com website. It is via WildBlue. I just got it and am very pleased thus far.
[att=1]
vs
[att=2]

One thing that was a major deciding factor for me was the Late Night Free Zone. I got the lowest plan that is 10Gb per month during regular hours but midnight to 5am is unlimited.

Gen4 only gives you 10Gb in regular hours and 10Gb in the "bonus bytes" hours. The first day I had Exede12, my brother was able to load the 11Gb patch for some video game during the free zone.

There are some drawbacks-- such as you can't checkyour usage via the modem, but hopefully that will change with time. There is a free program you can download to monitor your usage though.

I've found the tech support to be much better thus far. I know I am new to the service and things could change, but I'm happier with this now than I was when I first got Direcway/Hughesnet.

You used 2 different servers for testing, there may be a huge difference there + dont ever rely on speedtest.net they give bad results for satellite users.. And no I have not upgraded yet, our installer said he was going to show up but so far he is 3 hours and 51 minutes late.

I don't plan to switch to Exede, yes my area is eligible but the prices for satellite internet are outrages and we cannot afford it, money is extremely tight these days in my area.
suceress
join:2008-04-04

suceress

The Exede plan is the same cost as Hughesnet though.
Yeah, I realize different servers were used because it went by which was closest to the main source. It picked the closest one.
I've found that when downloading files, Hughesnet would take a long time even for files that were not that big, but with Exede the files are downloaded almost instantly.
But I realize that its apples and oranges comparing the old Ku band to the new satellite.