Braves Fan
Premium
join:2000-09-18
Pelham, AL
Reviews:
·Charter
·AT&T Southeast
reply to billydunwood

Re: What is the best flavored coffee avaliable in the market?

I am not a fan of flavored coffees either, but if that is your thing I would recommend Gevalia. I would also recommend their mail order service, I am not sure if the quality of what they're now marketing in stores is as good. You could try it, though.

»www.gevalia.com/

Tim
--
"Life is like this long line, except at the end there ain't no merry-go-round." - Arthur on The King of Queens
~ Project Hope ~

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

I'd recommend against Gevalia. In my experience the beans were too dry and never had much flavor. I think you can do much better. I don't remember their flavored coffees standing out in any way and I know that I had a couple of them.
--
Want the shirt? - »www.despair.com/thedestructor.html
Not afiliated or making any profit from sales

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
reply to timcuth

Gevalia is NOT flavored! I HATE flavored. It is excellent coffee...the House blend is very Sumatran like. But, like with any coffee, the most important thing is the pull date. Try to get it with 8-12 month away pull date. Never buy coffee with a pull date that is only 60-90 days away. Never buy out of those fancy bins full of beans in coffee specialty stores either...that stuff is utter junk as it has been exposed to the air. Buy sealed only. Store air tight at room temperature not in the refrigerator or freezer.

The other important thing is your coffee maker. My Bunn just died on me at 4.3 years...sad and bad...my previous Bunn lasted 7.5 years and the one before that almost 11 years. Like everything else in this nation, Bunn has deteriorated badly. So, I bought a Mr. Coffee that slows the drip for strong coffee (Bunn has nothing fancy (except the price) ....never has) and the Gevalia tastes even better now. But I wish I had gotten a coffee maker that makes HOT coffee (there is one model of Cuisinart that makes extremely hot coffee I suppose they are not afraid of being sued)...almost none do since that woman sued McDonald's....there is no such thing as too hot coffee (unless it is boiling)...but she won and all coffee makers started making WARM coffee so that you have to heat it in the microwave right after brewing it for it to be hot. Coffee will be only so good as how hot the water that makes it (as well as the brand of coffee, date of expiration, how it is stored, what nation it was grown in - Sumatra- is the best- except for Blue Mountain that I haven't seen in Hawaii in many years).
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

HPC

@comcast.net

said by Mele20:

Gevalia is NOT flavored!

well, except for their 14 flavors...
Pumpkin Spice, Hazelnut, French Vanilla, Irish Creme, Dark Chocolate Truffle, German Chocolate Cake, Pecan Torte, Cinnamon, Mocha, Creme Brulee, Vanilla Nut, Raspberry Danish, Amaretto, and Chocolate Raspberry...
»www.gevalia.com/flavor-collectio···,sc.html

None of which I care for, but does not change the fact Gevalia DOES produce flavored coffees in their "Flavor Collection".

Mele20
Premium
Hilo, HI

Thank god our grocery stores here are not stupid enough to order any of those! What a vomitous bunch of crap. (I was going by what I can buy from Gevalia in grocery stores here. I've never seen their website).
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL
kudos:1
reply to Kilroy

said by Kilroy:

I'd recommend against Gevalia. In my experience the beans were too dry and never had much flavor. I think you can do much better.

I agree, got a free mini coffee maker from them, perfect for one person cup or two. It does a decent job, but the coffee left more than a bit to be desired...certainly not worth its cost.
--

Mele20
Premium
Hilo, HI

I had that when I got some with a pull date only a couple of months away. But then the pull date started being 10 MONTHS from now and and the difference in taste was amazing...that is true for all coffee makers. It will taste crappy from any maker if the date is not WAY IN THE FUTURE.

As for cost, Gevalia is the same price as Starbucks when not on sale. It is is on sale most of the time because it is new here (first became available this summer) and thus it is cheaper than any other brand. The House Blend is a medium dark roast....just right.
--

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

said by Mele20:

I had that when I got some with a pull date only a couple of months awaydark roast....just right.

The problem that both Hayward See Profile and myself have is that we bought the coffee straight from Gevalia. If they weren't shipping their freshest they deserve the dings. I don't know if I can buy it in the grocery store, but from my experience I wouldn't try it unless there was a very steep discount. And it had nothing to do with how long it sat around my house. I go through a pound or better a week.
--
“Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.” ¯ Robert A. Heinlein