juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to sandman_1

Re: [Newsgroups] DMCA catching up to Usenet?

said by sandman_1:

Yep they are becoming more prevalent and mainly because of just 1 outfit, Morganelli.

You have to diversify. The days of getting your content from one NSP are over. You should probably have access to 3 different tier 1 providers or their resellers now. I would say two at the least.

Do you mean, for example, paying for multiple US usenet providers such as, newsdemon, astraweb and usentetnow, or do you mean paying for a US provider and one from europe like sunnyusenet?
--
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Sir Winston Churchill

sandman_1

join:2011-04-23
I mean get at least two tier 1 providers or resellers that use them. NL providers can be a good backup to your US provider account though. They seem to remove content more slowly than US providers. Sunny is good from what I have heard. The only thing bad about them are their headers. If you download headers, don't use them. If you download just NZBs, you are good to go.

Rakeesh

join:2011-10-30
Mesa, AZ
Reviews:
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·Cox HSI
I just picked up Sunny a few minutes ago. Did the 30 option with just one month to try them out. Costs only $5.87 so its worth a shot. So far it is working well, I am filling my 30mbit pipe entirely off of them. If this month works out well, I'll probably do the three month option on a continuing basis.

Fortunately I didn't get billed for astraweb this month because their payment processor is unable to process mastercard at the moment, so I'm not double paying.

For those who need help signing up with them, go to www.sunnyusenet.com with google chrome (don't use regular translate pages, they won't work due to being SSL, it has to be done within your browser itself.) Pick credit card as your option and don't bother with the bank selection, you don't need it.

On the final checkout page, at the very bottom there's a "paypal" button. Click that and you just pay with paypal. Make sure to pick USD at the top so that you see exactly what you're paying rather than eurotrash currency.

Hope that helps.