Re: Why is Optimum Holding Back Android App

app received !
thank you !
EliteData

EliteData to frdrizzt

Premium Member

to frdrizzt
said by frdrizzt:

Were you able to install it via PC from the link above?

no.
the direct link says the same message as i previously posted with the screen shot.
the app would more than likely operate without any issues if i had the APK.
either way, if i get the APK that would be great, if not, ill just wait until they get my device added to the list... eventually, before i turn to a skeleton..

rtbond
join:2007-11-28
Hopatcong, NJ

rtbond to EliteData

to EliteData
When I search on "CSC Holdings" two App results are returned, but above these results its states "57 results". When I click on the "57 results" link I see the previous two App results (DVR Manager and WiFi Register), plus the new Optimum App.

EliteData
EliteData
Premium Member
join:2003-07-06
Philippines

EliteData

Premium Member

said by rtbond:

When I search on "CSC Holdings" two App results are returned, but above these results its states "57 results". When I click on the "57 results" link I see the previous two App results (DVR Manager and WiFi Register), plus the new Optimum App.

the screen shot of my phone is after i clicked on the "32 results" after searching "csc holdings" - already tried what you describe

rtbond
join:2007-11-28
Hopatcong, NJ

rtbond

said by EliteData:

the screen shot of my phone is after i clicked on the "32 results" after searching "csc holdings" - already tried what you describe

That is strange. I am guessing there is some search parameter that not right on Google Play, probably related to the fact the App just went live,

EliteData
EliteData
Premium Member
Philippines

EliteData

Premium Member

said by rtbond:

said by EliteData:

That is strange. I am guessing there is some search parameter that not right on Google Play, probably related to the fact the App just went live,

if my device was rooted, this wouldnt be a problem but i dont plan on rooting it until LTE is enabled by t-mobile by a software update sometime in 2013. (rooting it will prevent this update)
off topic:
it annoys me that my device says "4G" when it reality, its not if you consider "4G" to be "LTE" as most people seem to do.
Parth
join:2010-08-16
Poughkeepsie, NY

Parth to slicer1138

to slicer1138
Not compatible with the Nexus 4. Great.
cabletecht
join:2012-06-08

cabletecht to slicer1138

to slicer1138
supported devices:

Atrix 2
Atrix 4G
Captivate Galaxy S
Captivate Glide
Conquer 4G
Defy
Droid 2
Droid 2 Global
Droid 3
Droid Bionic
Droid Charge
Droid Razr
Droid Razr Maxx
Droid X2
Electrify
Exhibit 4G
Exhibit II 4G
Galaxy Exhilarate
Galaxy Nexus
Galaxy S Epic 4G
Galaxy S II
Galaxy S Epic 4g Touch
Galaxy S II Skyrocket
Galaxy S II unlocked Intl
Galaxy S III
Galaxy S III unlocked Intl
Illusion
Infuse 4G
Rugby Smart
Stratosphere
XPRT
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4

POS app not compatible with my rooted Nook Tablet.

EliteData
EliteData
Premium Member
Philippines

EliteData to cabletecht

Premium Member

to cabletecht
said by cabletecht:

supported devices:

Atrix 2
Atrix 4G
Captivate Galaxy S
Captivate Glide
Conquer 4G
Defy
Droid 2
Droid 2 Global
Droid 3
Droid Bionic
Droid Charge
Droid Razr
Droid Razr Maxx
Droid X2
Electrify
Exhibit 4G
Exhibit II 4G
Galaxy Exhilarate
Galaxy Nexus
Galaxy S Epic 4G
Galaxy S II
Galaxy S Epic 4g Touch
Galaxy S II Skyrocket
Galaxy S II unlocked Intl
Galaxy S III
Galaxy S III unlocked Intl
Illusion
Infuse 4G
Rugby Smart
Stratosphere
XPRT

the same info is on the CV website.
although i realize my galaxy note 2 is not "officially" supported as of yet, the difference between the galaxy S 3 and galaxy note 2 is so minimal that its said that both devices are "alike" with the exception the note 2 has an "s-pen" and larger screen.
ill stick with the kindle app using the "clear app data" method to keep it working for the time being until CV eventually gets around to adding the galaxy note 2 to their list, hopefully i wont be a skeleton by then...

kickass69
join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

1 edit

kickass69

I'm guessing this is one reason why developers choose to go with Apple first, uniform across all devices with iOS vs different versions of Android along with different hardware specs. Another reason I heard is that people pay for apps more so through iOS/iTunes than with Google Play/Android Marketplace.
Bob4
Account deleted
New Jersey

1 recommendation

Bob4

Except that it will run on other platforms but CV just won't let us use their POS app. I waited a year for nothing.

So how can I download this thing?
Bob4

Bob4 to EliteData

to EliteData
said by EliteData:

i pay a premium price for CV services and i feel i deserve to have accessibility to this app without having to play this game of "tag".

Cablevision is all about class warfare. Have Fios? You're in a special class that gets special discounts not available to others. Have an iPad? You're in a special class that gets special apps over a year before anyone else.

EliteData
EliteData
Premium Member
Philippines

1 edit

EliteData to Bob4

Premium Member

to Bob4
kindle app.apk.zip
11,916,269 bytes

said by Bob4:

Except that it will run on other platforms but CV just won't let us use their POS app. I waited a year for nothing.

use the kindle app.
it will work as long as you keep the app open and dont sign out.
if you sign out or close the app, just go to "app manager" on your phone and clear data and then open the app.

brentos
join:2007-07-19
Monroe, NY

brentos to slicer1138

to slicer1138
Got my hands on the new Android APK and tried it on my HP TouchPad:

Wernt, wernt. The Kindle Fire APK works. Kind of want to edit my build.prop and see if the newer APK works better than the Kindle Fire one.

limegrass69
No Whammies
join:2008-05-28

limegrass69 to Bob4

to Bob4
said by Bob4:

For something that you call a POS, you sure seem to want it pretty badly!
Bob4
Account deleted
New Jersey

Bob4

said by limegrass69:

said by Bob4:

For something that you call a POS, you sure seem to want it pretty badly!

I don't know if I'll even use it. The latest iPod version is a big step backwards.

Actually, I've been shut out of so many things by Cablevision, I feel I should get something for the $125 I send them every month for iO+OOL.
b1ade
join:2012-11-29

b1ade to brentos

to brentos
said by brentos:

Kind of want to edit my build.prop and see if the newer APK works better than the Kindle Fire one.

Please report back if you go through with it.

brentos
join:2007-07-19
Monroe, NY

2 edits

brentos

said by b1ade:

said by brentos:

Kind of want to edit my build.prop and see if the newer APK works better than the Kindle Fire one.

Please report back if you go through with it.

It worked! The only difference I can find between it and the Kindle Fire (KF) version is captions display properly now, under the KF Ver. they were extremely tiny. It also doesn't request root like the KF Ver. I made my device look like a Galaxy S3 on Verizon.

build.prop settings:
ro.product.model=SCH-I535
ro.product.name=d2vzw
ro.product.device=d2vzw

Not sure if it requires all three, my device didn't have a ro.product.name setting so I just added it.

Edit: Been playing with it more, maybe it seems smoother.

This screen is still broken like it was under the KF Version:

Android app still has "Watch on Kindle"

b1ade
join:2012-11-29

b1ade to slicer1138

to slicer1138
Sweet! I'll try it with those settings when I get home. Thanks.
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt to brentos

to brentos
Says "Watch on Phone" on my Android app. I checked on BBC World News's info page. I'm guessing you're getting some cached info from the KF app.
rocafellanrd
join:2009-05-04

rocafellanrd

Please post the Optimum App for Android .apk

It was released on 11/28/2012. If you try to search for the app in the Gplay market it doesn't show up, but managed to find the direct url on xda.

They just released the optimum app for Android to limited devices here............

»play.google.com/store/ap ··· y.mobile

I am using a Nexus S. The app is not compatible. Hopefully someone has a device that is. If you can, please download it and export the .apk file here please. Been waiting for this app for a while.

I thought it would have been released a lot earlier, but I guess they pushed it back a long time.
rick0204
join:2009-05-20
North Bergen, NJ

rick0204 to slicer1138

to slicer1138

It is working perfectly on my Bionic. Excellent job on the app. The video is sharp and the navigation is very easy. I only installed it yesterday and have already watched about 2 hours of live TV on my phone.
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt

I've only used it as a remote when my son fell asleep on me this morning when the remote was across the couch.
rick0204
join:2009-05-20
North Bergen, NJ

rick0204

Another benefit of using the app as a remote is that you don't have to be in the same room for it to work. I was in the kitchen where there is no TV and I made a mistake using the remote part of the app and everyone in the living room was upset because the movie they were watching stopped playing! Oops!

EliteData
EliteData
Premium Member
Philippines

EliteData to slicer1138

Premium Member

to slicer1138
as a premium paying customer, id like to have the app operational on my galaxy note 2 so i can watch tv while i am on the crapper.... lmao

pa prowler
join:2003-09-11
Matamoras, PA
·Optimum Online

pa prowler to EliteData

to EliteData
said by EliteData:

use the kindle app.
if you sign out or close the app, just go to "app manager" on your phone and clear data and then open the app.

Great stuff! Works quite well on Acer Iconia A-500 tablet. Thanks so much!

EliteData
EliteData
Premium Member
Philippines

EliteData

Premium Member

said by pa prowler:

said by EliteData:

use the kindle app.

Great stuff! Works quite well on Acer Iconia A-500 tablet. Thanks so much!

obviously, with a rooted device, no one would have to bother doing that, but my instructions are for non-rooted devices such as mine.

momcat1
No Relation To The Bobcat
join:2002-10-21
Wappingers Falls, NY

2 edits

momcat1 to rocafellanrd

to rocafellanrd

Re: Please post the Optimum App for Android .apk

Well, isn't that wonderful. Of the 4 Androids I have ever registered on Play, the only one it's listed as available for is the device that was stolen, I no longer have. Come on, already!

So I found the .apk, and tried it on my Galaxy Nexus (Jelly Bean) and it works.

I found a second version, and that one does work on the Vizio Vtab. It's a little choppy and the file size is larger than the one that works on the Galaxy.

I would have liked the experience better if Opt just broke down and made it available, without my having to sneak around to find it. A value added item to help me justify the crazy price we pay them.

mbernste
MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ

mbernste to slicer1138

MVM

to slicer1138

said by Cablevision Systems Incorporated :

Optimum App for Android smartphones

Watch live TV anywhere in your home
Search, browse and customize the channel guide
Schedule recordings and manage your DVR
Choose from hundreds of On Demand movies and shows to watch or add to your Movie Cart
Use your device as a remote control
Rate movies and shows and even get recommendations on what to watch next

The Optimum App is now available on select Android smartphones.

»www.optimum.net/ExploreO ··· 57070183

»play.google.com/store/ap ··· YmlsZSJd