reply to dave
Re: Top 500 Supercomputers - November 2012
said by Cray :etc.
- Cray XC30 systems utilize the Cray Linux Environment (CLE).
- The Cray XK7 system ships with the latest Cray Linux Environment (CLE)
- Crays use of open standards in software (Linux-based operating system...
- Cray Sonexion provides a fully integrated, scale-out Lustre storage system for industry-standard Linux compute clusters.
- Operating System Cray Linux Environment (components include SUSE Linux SLES11, HSS and SMW software)
- HPC environments with a Linux-based operating system...
DarkLogixTexan and ProudPremium
reply to Archivis
said by Archivis:Lots of them
Who does that on a super computer?
I was reading about one of the top10 awhile back
they had a mix of unix linux and BSD for different roles in the system
all one huge cluster with roles parted out into different clusters
the storage servers ran one OS that they picked was most ideal for it
the CPU crunching ran another
and I forgot what ran the third
reply to dave
said by Cray :
Cray XE6 systems utilize the Cray Linux Environment (CLE). CLE is a suite of high performance software which includes a Linux-based operating system designed to run large complex applications and scale efficiently to more than 500,000 processor cores. The Linux environment features a compute kernel which can be configured to match different workloads.
not in ohio
reply to FF4m3
Doesn't come with a sofa, though.