how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

FF4m3

@rr.com

John McAfee Wanted for Murder

From Gizmodo:

Antivirus pioneer John McAfee is on the run from murder charges, Belize police say. According to Marco Vidal, head of the national police force's Gang Suppression Unit, McAfee is a prime suspect in the murder of American expatriate Gregory Faull, who was gunned down Saturday night at his home in San Pedro Town on the island of Ambergris Caye.

Details remain sketchy so far, but residents say that Faull was a well-liked builder who hailed originally from California. The two men had been at odds for some time. Last Wednesday, Faull filed a formal complaint against McAfee with the mayor's office, asserting that McAfee had fired off guns and exhibited "roguish behavior." Their final disagreement apparently involved dogs.

UPDATE: Here is the official police statement:

MURDER
On Sunday the 11th November, 2012 at 8:00am acting upon information received, San Pedro Police visited 5 ¾ miles North of San Pedro Town where they saw 52 year old U.S National Mr. GREGORY VIANT FAULL, of the said address, lying face up in a pool of blood with an apparent gunshot wound on the upper rear part of his head apparently dead. Initial investigation revealed that on the said date at 7:20am LUARA TUN, 39years, Belizean Housekeeper of Boca Del Rio Area, San Pedro Town went to the house of Mr. Faull to do her daily chores when she saw him laying inside of the hall motionless, Faull was last seen alive around 10:00pm on 10.11.12 and he lived alone. No signs of forced entry was seen, A (1) laptop computer brand and serial number unknown and (1) I-Phone was discovered missing. The body was found in the hall of the upper flat of the house. A single luger brand 9 mm expended shells was found at the first stairs leading up to the upper flat of the building. The body of Faull was taken to KHMH Morgue where it awaits a Post Mortem Examination. Police have not established a motive so far but are following several leads.

Full details at site.

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

1 recommendation

This excerpt might shed some more light on his alleged descent...

quote:
... McAfee's intensive use of psychosis-inducing hallucinogens would go a long way toward explaining his growing estrangement from his friends and from the community around him. If he was producing large quantities of these chemicals, as implied on Bluelight, that would also shed light on his decision to associate with some of Belize's most hardened drug-gang members. ...
If true, it's just sad... truly sad. And such a tragic waste of an otherwise creative mind...
--
“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.” A. de Tocqueville

FizzyMyNizzy

join:2004-05-29
New York, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL

said by Blackbird:

This excerpt might shed some more light on his alleged descent...

quote:
... McAfee's intensive use of psychosis-inducing hallucinogens would go a long way toward explaining his growing estrangement from his friends and from the community around him. If he was producing large quantities of these chemicals, as implied on Bluelight, that would also shed light on his decision to associate with some of Belize's most hardened drug-gang members. ...
If true, it's just sad... truly sad. And such a tragic waste of an otherwise creative mind...

Sound just like Breaking Bad.

Oregonian
Premium
join:2000-12-21
West Linn, OR
reply to FF4m3

Truly bizarre...

»www.torontosun.com/2012/11/12/in···r-murder

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
kudos:1

1 recommendation

I bet he turns up in Ecuador.

goretsky

join:2001-11-05
Colorado Springs, CO

1 recommendation

reply to FF4m3

Hello,

I understand that the police now have a suspect in custody and just want to speak to John McAfee as a "person of interest" in the case.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
join:2003-08-04
USA
kudos:12

1 recommendation

reply to Blackbird

Yes very sad.... I REALLY HOPE HE DIDNT DO THIS!!

FF4m3

@rr.com
reply to FF4m3

Re: John McAfee Wanted for Murder

John McAfee - November 2012
Murder Suspect John McAfee: I’m Innocent:

As Belizean police combed the property of expat antivirus pioneer John McAfee Sunday afternoon, McAfee was closer than they could have known. He’d seen them coming, and says he hid — burying himself in the sand with a cardboard box over his head so he could breathe. “It was extraordinarily uncomfortable,” he says, in an exclusive interview with Wired. “But they will kill me if they find me.”

Asked what he knows about the shooting, McAfee said, “Nothing — other than I heard he had been shot.” In fact, McAfee added, he’s worried that whoever shot Faull may have actually been gunning for him. “I thought maybe they were coming for me. They mistook him for me. They got the wrong house,” he said. “He’s dead. They killed him. It spooked me out.”

If McAfee is involved, it may trace back to the half-dozen dogs McAfee keeps at his beachside compound. Faull, like other McAfee neighbors, had been complaining about the dogs and reportedly filed a formal complaint about them with the mayor of the nearby town of San Pedro last week. According to McAfee, the dogs were poisoned on Friday night.

McAfee blames the death of the dogs on the Belizean authorities, with whom he has been tangling for months. In April, the Gang Suppression Unit raided his property on the mainland and accused him of manufacturing methamphetamine and possessing unlicensed weapons. Those charges were dropped but McAfee believes that the government has a vendetta against him. He believes the death of his dogs was just another attempt to get him to leave the country.

Faull, who moved to Belize from central Florida, has had at least one run-in with the police himself — in the U.S. In December 2009, the 5-foot-11, 220-pound Faull was arrested by the Seminole County Sheriff’s office and charged with aggravated battery.

Marco Vidal, the head of Belize’s Gang Suppression Unit, says that McAfee is a “prime suspect” in Faull’s death and rejects McAfee’s assertions that the GSU is framing him. “Absolutely no truth,” Vidal says. “This guy amazes me every day. We don’t have anything personal against Mr. McAfee. There is no need for us to poison dogs.”

ashrc4
Premium
join:2009-02-06
australia
reply to FF4m3

He should just try and satisfy the authorities of his knowledge of the events without the fanfare..... If a person of his disposition is even capable.
--
Paradigm Shift beta test pilot. "Dying to defend one's small piece of suburb...Give me something global...STAT!

bitemeboy

join:2005-04-06
Otego, NY
reply to FF4m3

On topic and an absolute "sticky" for this site, don't you think? What a fabulous mind!

"But the world is full of annoyances; if we killed all of our annoyances, there would be nobody left," McAfee said.

--
"But the world is full of annoyances; if we killed all of our annoyances, there would be nobody left,"

AVD
Premium
Onion, NJ

said by bitemeboy:

On topic and an absolute "sticky" for this site, don't you think? What a fabulous mind!

"But the world is full of annoyances; if we killed all of our annoyances, there would be nobody left," McAfee said.

works for malware too.
--
* seek help if having trouble coping
--Standard disclaimers apply.--

FF4m3

@rr.com
reply to FF4m3

John McAfee, On the Run, Stops To Ask For Tech Support:

John McAfee may still be on the run from authorities in Belize—despite claiming that he is innocent in the murder of his neighbor, Gregory Faull—but he still has enough free time to post to a private message board asking for information about how phone tracking works.

At just before 10PM last night, McAfee posted this message using his "stuffmonger" alias:

How long does it take for a phone company to triangulate a cell phone signal? With what accuracy? Is there any way to confuse/delay the system? If a cell phone is turned off, but the battery is installed, is there any way to locate the phone? Are there any brands of phones are more/less difficult to triangulate?
Answers ranged from useful to speculative, but one poster's response might have summed it up best: "Well this is awkward..."

McAfee is currently wanted for questioning by Belizean authorities, although no charges have yet been filed. McAfee contends he would be framed or murdered if he were in custody. The Prime Minister of Belize yesterday called McAfee "bonkers."

John McAfee: sex, drugs and anti-virus software:

John McAfee, the founder of the McAfee computer security firm, is in hiding in Belize. Christopher Williams examines his colourful life.

nonymous
Premium
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ
reply to FF4m3

If he is innocent and maybe gets a few meds he looks fun to hang around with. Does he still have land in southern New Mexico?

kevin bake

@optonline.net
reply to FF4m3

who uses McAfee in 2012?

nonymous
Premium
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

He doesn't have anything to do with it sold it years ago. Seriously if he has the corrects meds and is not guilty looks cool to hang around with.

Lagz
Premium
join:2000-09-03
The Rock
reply to FF4m3

Update:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lJYDKCmK_s&

»www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-5···atemala/

When smartphone users use the tracking device to take a photo and send a photo, their information is also sent.

"And some of that data, depending on how the phone is set, is going to include the location where it was taken," says Brenner.

On his blog, McAfee called the disclosure an "accidental release ... by an unseasoned technician at VICE headquarters."

Now he's emerged in Guatemala City asking for political asylum and saying he left Belize to escape a witch-hunt.

"At that point, I decided I had to do something, went undercover, I'm now here and I'm now going to speak out, and I'm going to speak out big time," McAfee told VICE.

McAfee, who developed the anti-virus security program that bears his name, left the company 18 years ago. Since then, he's been living on the millions he made as one of the first big software pioneers.

LoL .. wasn't he asking about cell phone tracking?
American software pioneer John McAfee was in international hiding until a standard cell phone setting gave away his whereabouts. Technology reporter Craig Timberg tells us how he was found and how much of our own data gets shared every day.

»www.washingtonpost.com/video/the···deo.html

La Luna
RIP Lisa
Premium
join:2001-07-12
Warwick, NY
kudos:3
reply to FF4m3

He's been arrested in Guatemala for entering the country illegally.

Lagz
Premium
join:2000-09-03
The Rock
reply to FF4m3

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wPBLMxEjHk&

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:17
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico

1 edit
reply to FF4m3

The ongoing story is now bordering on the bizarre:
»www.theverge.com/2012/12/5/37341···tigation
Also from Reuters:
»www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/···20121206

siljaline
Premium
Montreal, QC
reply to FF4m3

For those that have Twitter accounts may follow John or view the latest happenings.
»twitter.com/officialmcafee

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to FF4m3

NMA's video.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=hePJGol7XjQ
heh

siljaline
Premium
Montreal, QC

It's getting even funkier
»www.whoismcafee.com/urgent-from-john/

SqueeksDad
I Miss Her
Premium
join:2002-09-14
Hyattsville, MD
reply to FF4m3

Re: John McAfee Wanted for Murder

They had to take him to the hospital, seems he might be suffering from a virus?
--
Ways to Relieve Stress #10. Make up a language and ask people for directions.

AVD
Premium
Onion, NJ

said by SqueeksDad:

They had to take him to the hospital, seems he might be suffering from a virus?

haha, I heard it was worms
--
* seek help if having trouble coping
--Standard disclaimers apply.--

Triple Helix
Go Blue Jays Go
Premium
join:2007-07-26
Oshawa, ON
kudos:7
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to FF4m3

Watch John McAfee's Latest and Strangest Interview Yet

»mashable.com/2012/12/14/john-mca···terview/

TH

goalieskates
Premium
join:2004-09-12
land of big

said by Triple Helix:

Watch John McAfee's Latest and Strangest Interview Yet

»mashable.com/2012/12/14/john-mca···terview/

TH

quote:
He did, however, say he would go back to Belize if police there charge him with the murder of his neighbor who turned up dead in November.
Afaic, we should extradite him back to face the music, just as he asks. Let him have his day in court, and quit giving him so much media attention.

Oregonian
Premium
join:2000-12-21
West Linn, OR
reply to FF4m3

Looks like Mr. McAfee has made his way to Portland.

»www.oregonlive.com/business/inde···_m-rpt-2