Search similar:

uniqs

msanta
ATT U-verse
join:2005-05-30
Pompano Beach, FL

msanta

No INternet phone or TV

This is what I got in my basement. It's a brand new battery, we a power outage for 5 days and we got it back yesterday! What's your opinion, I disconnected everything and let it reset for 10 mins.
kes601
join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601

There are a few threads on here that said several ONTs basically got fried during the power surges that resulted from the outages. You'll need to call Vz.

msanta
ATT U-verse
Pompano Beach, FL

msanta

I had service one day after the power came. Everything was good until this morning. The "replace battery" and "system status lights" are on and even if I take the backup battery off, which is new, and let the ONT reset the lights won't go away.
UofMiamiGrad
Premium Member
join:2001-02-03
Syosset, NY

UofMiamiGrad

Premium Member

said by msanta:

I had service one day after the power came. Everything was good until this morning. The "replace battery" and "system status lights" are on and even if I take the backup battery off, which is new, and let the ONT reset the lights won't go away.

LIPA probably fried the PSU, place a service call and have a truck roll to get it fixed. If unplugging the ONT with no BBU attached doesn't fix the issue something got cooked most likely and a tech needs to replace it.

PoloDude
Premium Member
join:2006-03-29
Aiken, SC

PoloDude to msanta

Premium Member

to msanta
If that power supply has only two prong,it must be replaced no matter what. It does however,appear to be working correctly. Does the ONT have a Network light? If not you have no service to the ONT.

msanta
ATT U-verse
Pompano Beach, FL

msanta to UofMiamiGrad

to UofMiamiGrad
I got an appointment for the 21st of this month. I wonder if there is a way to get them to come sooner.
UofMiamiGrad
Premium Member
join:2001-02-03
Syosset, NY

UofMiamiGrad

Premium Member

said by msanta:

I got an appointment for the 21st of this month. I wonder if there is a way to get them to come sooner.

I'd post a picture of the ONT's status lights, as PoloDude requested. It's possible your ONT is not getting service from CO, indicating a fiber break or CO issue. Call tomorrow to see if they can move your appointment up, never hurts to ask.

More Fiber
MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber to msanta

MVM

to msanta
Try posting on Twitter. VZ seems very responsive there.

msanta
ATT U-verse
Pompano Beach, FL

msanta

The only light on the ONT is the power light. I'll try twitter.

PoloDude
Premium Member
join:2006-03-29
Aiken, SC

PoloDude

Premium Member

You need a tech to come out

Pepsiman
join:2002-01-18
Brooklyn, NY

Pepsiman to msanta

to msanta
Click for full size
said by msanta:

This is what I got in my basement. It's a brand new battery, we a power outage for 5 days and we got it back yesterday! What's your opinion, I disconnected everything and let it reset for 10 mins.

I had the same problem after we had snow last week, I called for a truck roll they came out the next day, it turned out that the cable broke off my house and was hanging off the telephone pole across the street, I live in the 11223 Gravesend section of Brooklyn.

msanta
ATT U-verse
Pompano Beach, FL

msanta

I spoke to a supervisor and told them that a wire was down and even with that story they couldn't accommodate me until the 21st. They are so backed up here on LI that I basically have no choice but to wait. Anyway, my main concern is that they show up. Back in June, when I had my internet upgraded to 150/65 I took the day off from work to be home for the technician and he never showed.