spc
uniqs
blackthought
join:2010-04-08
Phoenix, AZ

blackthought to Josof

to Josof

Re: So I caved and i'm back

i went in with s9/s10 gear i think i was and got sounded beat into the ground. A lot of it was just playstyle. Turns out if you go away for a year and some change and play LOL for most of that time it affects how you think you can move. I was looking for intercept all night in arms:-(

I see no real stance dancing is needed, any tips on "what makes warriors great"? in Pvp right now? Who should I avoid as well?
Josof
join:2010-10-23
Virginia Beach, VA

Josof

gag order...soon to be nerfed
mass spell reflection

insane burst
alot of uptime on target...easier to build stacks...then
EXCECUTE

having access to your whole utility belt as an arms warrior...priceless.

quatra
Premium Member
join:2003-06-22
Matthews, NC

quatra to blackthought

Premium Member

to blackthought
Warriors are as strong as they have been since prenerf bladestorm in pvp. So much utility. Shockwave. Mass spell reflect. Defensive stance reduces dmg taken by 25% but you retain full use of your abilities. Die by the sword is awesome. You can macro stack skull banner avatar and recklessness (which no longer causes u to take more dmg!) The only thiing we lost is throwdown. Oh ya fear is on a 60 sec cooldown.
Gan
join:2009-04-10
Taiwan

Gan to blackthought

to blackthought
said by blackthought:

I see no real stance dancing is needed, any tips on "what makes warriors great"? in Pvp right now? Who should I avoid as well?

As mentioned, we have so many utilities on hand, especially with certain chosen talents that make us demand more attention from opponents than before.

Mobility: Double time or Juggernaut + Intervene + heroic leap without stance dancing

Locking down casters: Disrupting shout + pummel + Heroic Throw (glyphed with gag order) + Shockwave + Fear + 2 spell reflects (1 needs a shield macro, the other doesn’t)

Against melee: Warriors have always been able to stand toe-to-toe with most classes, but now disarm can be used in any stance.

Survivability: Die-by-the-sword against melee, rallying cry (a poor-man’s last stand) and the tier 30 talents makes you hard to kill against all but the craziest burst classes in 1V1. In fact, selecting Second-wind and Mortal Strike glyphed for the healing bonus, you should NEVER die in 1v1 situations against certain classes with poor burst-on-demand, like Blood DKs (similarly geared of course). Sadly, the added survivability now often makes us the first target of group-burst in both arenas and BGs.

Damage: As Josof mentioned, burst is crazy. For added fun, after Colossus Smash is up try casting the macro:
/cast recklessness
/cast skull banner
/cast Avatar
/use [PvP strength trinket]

I usually use when my opponent is below 30%, since that’s when they tend to pop their own defensive CD’s.

Many of the abilities existed before in some way, shape or form, but the biggest difference is I can perform all of the above as an Arms warrior while staying in a single stance. However, I still stay far away from frost mages, as they still pick warriors apart slowly and painfully.
blackthought
Phoenix, AZ

blackthought

So what's a good spec to run with in terms of builds? I have been experimenting a bit and so far like what i see. I ran a couple of bg's as a lvl 85 in arms and prot and I can see where prot is going to be fun, arms is too. I got into a 1v1 situation with a boomkin on the beach, after about 3-4 minutes of neither one of us really getting anywhere I decided to just run towards the rest of the fight which was at yellow. I literally ran from the beach all teh way to yellow with the boomkin firing on me. I would occasionally turn and heroic throw+gag or charge then jump back out. Basically i made it all the way form teh beach to the gate with him on my back and my life not really moving.

He had 3 levels on me too.

Where is slam right now too in terms of rotation? And am i right that we're stacking hit to 7.5%, expertise to 7.5% then crit>strength?

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

Just Google Icy Veins, select your class and spec and be on your way.

No need to back and forth on it.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

Please don't Google Icy Veins. If you know the website you specifically want to visit, just visit it.

Sponsored by Citizens Against Google As Your Address Bar

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

icy-veins.com

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus to Nick D

Premium Member

to Nick D
Click for full size
said by Nick D:

Please don't Google Icy Veins. If you know the website you specifically want to visit, just visit it.

What are you talking about? How else do you get to web pages?

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Nick D

Premium Member

to Nick D
said by Nick D:

But google cache preview is one of the ways I view websensed stuff.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

1 recommendation

Krisnatharok to Nick D

Premium Member

to Nick D
said by Nick D:

nice try, Microsoft.

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

You get mad kudos for this one.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

said by Nick D:

nice try, Microsoft.

Touche.

no, it just bugs me that people use Google/Bing/whatever as an address bar. They enter "microsoft" into the search bar, then click link to Microsoft.com. JUST HIT CTRL+ENTER YOU JERKS.

I have weird pet peeves.

Also, I get to websites by using history, duh? I HAVE VISITED EVERY SITE EVER..

But no, seriously, I use history a lot to hit direct URLs. Searching is fine, I just don't think searching is effective if you just search a URL and click it, instead of typing out ".com" at the end (or using ctrl+enter)

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain

what a lame pet peeve. sounds like the onset of paranoid schizophenia.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI

1 edit

Snuffbox to Nick D

Premium Member

to Nick D
Want to know a real pet peeve?

Mac (to my knowledge) doesn't support any form of Control+Enter.

Hate browsing on my wife's laptop. Someone please tell me I'm wrong?

Also Bing is too late to the party. Microsoft Fail.

It's like trying to start a social networking site to compete with the already extremely established Facebook. Silly Google Fail.

Windows Phone - Microsoft Fail.

Windows 8 - Microsoft Fail, (Along with 2000, ME, & Vista. Love 98, XP, & 7)

quatra
Premium Member
join:2003-06-22
Matthews, NC

quatra to blackthought

Premium Member

to blackthought
Warriors are as strong as they have been since prenerf bladestorm in pvp. So much utility. Shockwave. Mass spell reflect. Defensive stance reduces dmg taken by 25% but you retain full use of your abilities. Die by the sword is awesome. You can macro stack skull banner avatar and recklessness (which no longer causes u to take more dmg!) The only thiing we lost is throwdown. Oh ya fear is on a 60 sec cooldown.

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain to Snuffbox

to Snuffbox
actually Win8 pretty handy. I put it on one my laptops (from 2008) and it runs pretty damned fast. Fast startup, fast running apps, fast resume from sleep mode. Learning the different and new command to bring up and exit out of stuff was a little slow but guess what? There's an app for that! lol

Win8 will be sticking around. The new windows phones look interesting but I won't be getting one of those. I'm happy with my Droid razer M.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox

Premium Member

said by mettachain:

actually Win8 pretty handy. I put it on one my laptops (from 2008) and it runs pretty damned fast. Fast startup, fast running apps, fast resume from sleep mode.

Fresh OS instal does that with any computer. You cleared 4-5 years of crap and put on a new clean OS.

So far, benchmarks show no performance improvement for Win 8 vs Win 7.

Win 8 is a glorified App store again trying to join the market too late.

»www.tomshardware.com/rev ··· 331.html - This article is geared towards gaming.

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie to mettachain

to mettachain
said by mettachain:

actually Win8 pretty handy. I put it on one my laptops (from 2008) and it runs pretty damned fast. Fast startup, fast running apps, fast resume from sleep mode. Learning the different and new command to bring up and exit out of stuff was a little slow but guess what? There's an app for that! lol

I bought a new desktop that arrived last week with win8 on it and I've not had any trouble with it at all. Like you say, the interface is radically different so doing simple things like trying to shut it down took some time to get used to, but so far I've not had any serious issues other than some websites not displaying correctly under IE10 (and that Chrome and Firefox are not yet available for Win8 so I don't have alternatives).

The one thing that I find humorously ironic however, is that Microsoft didn't have the drivers available for the xbox controller under Win8 yet. Funny since they are putting so much oneous on the xbox/pc integrations. Not a huge issue for me since I prefer the keyboard to play WoW anyhow and the wife can still use the xbox controller for playing on our Win7 laptop.

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain to Snuffbox

to Snuffbox
i have my vista OS still on there as well. when i upgraded, it packaged all my files and folders into a "windowsold" folder. not completely a fresh install...

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie
said by Carpie:

[and the wife can still use the xbox controller for playing on our Win7 laptop.

You can play WoW with an Xbox controller?

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain

yes, i read about a program a year or so ago that you can use the xbox controller for playing wow. or any other pc game for the that matter.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox

Premium Member

Not free then I'm assuming?

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain

Carpie?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

Looks like you can do this easily by using a software packages that translates controller button presses into keyboard/mouse inputs. Xpadder (www.xpadder.com) is available for $10.

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie

Right-O. Xpadder is what I ended up using for the $10 it's well worth the money. I started with xinmapper from sourceforge.net and it allows the basics but doesn't have nearly the functionality of xpadder.

It works pretty slick. The left hand joystick we use for movement, the right hand joystick is for the mouse pointer (or panning the camer if you hold in the "right mouse button"). We mapped left click and right click to the RB and LB buttons. The rest of they buttons I map 1-9 and just put whatever spells in those slots that I want. I leave the bottom of the crosspad mapped to "tab" so I can easily select between the enemies.

It works good for simple questing from the couch and/or low levels but certainly isn't for endgame. More for novelty or wives that like to play pandas because "they are cute".
Carpie

Carpie to mettachain

to mettachain
said by mettachain:

yes, i read about a program a year or so ago that you can use the xbox controller for playing wow. or any other pc game for the that matter.

True. Allows the xbox controller to be used with any game in place of keyboard/mouse. Hell you could even write a paper with the xbox controller as long as you didn't use more than 12 letters

Outside of games the controller can essentially replace the mouse (not that you would ever want to) as you control the mouse cursor with it and use the buttons to left-click / right-click.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie
said by Carpie:

More for novelty or the ladies that like to play pandas because "they are cute".

...and how could THAT be a bad thing...ever?
Gan
join:2009-04-10
Taiwan

1 edit

Gan to blackthought

to blackthought
said by blackthought:

I got into a 1v1 situation with a boomkin on the beach, after about 3-4 minutes of neither one of us really getting anywhere I decided to just run towards the rest of the fight which was at yellow. I literally ran from the beach all teh way to yellow with the boomkin firing on me.
Where is slam right now too in terms of rotation? And am i right that we're stacking hit to 7.5%, expertise to 7.5% then crit>strength?

I'm sure your team was on offense when fighting the Boomkin, otherwise you of course would have just used the portal to yellow instead of running all the way.

Slam now hits like a truck and you may have noticed is instant cast, while post-nerf HS hits like a wand. All things being equal, Slam should always take priority over HS in the PvP “rotation” since they both cost the same amount of rage (30). However, HS is on a separate GCD, so if you have rage to spare, it’s great to tandem with other attacks.

The 7.5% hit/7.5% expertise is only for PVE so you are consistently landing attacks on raid level bosses 3 levels above yours. For PvP, hit cap is only 3% (at level 90), while expertise minimum is 3%. I like to stack a bit more expertise though, just because I hate the tin can sound of being parried. For stat priorities, gems, enchants, etc., you can check out www.noxxic.com for a comprehensive overview, but in a nutshell it's PvP Power>Strength (although it should be balanced somewhat, but that's a whole different discussion and dissection) >Resil>Crit>Haste>Mastery

Edit: HS should be used over Slam, if Taste for Blood stacks to 2 or more and is about to fall off. I find that it doesn't proc all that often though, and the timing is seldom right in a dynamic PvP environment.
blackthought
Phoenix, AZ

blackthought

i did pepper slam in more than HS because I saw the % tool tip was higher for slam, didn't realize the Taste for blood thing though. I can see that being sick for pve not so much pvp.

Yeah we were on offense:) It was one of those things where I swaped specs on the boat so got a late start then got man handled somewhere after the first gates and we hadn't capped the GY's yet so i had to start all over. Me and the boomkin were solo on the beach.

oh and wth is pvp power? do we get a bump or something?