uniqs
share rss forum feed

Ken
Premium,MVM
join:2003-06-16
Markle, IN
reply to jrs8084

Re: Gas lines and DIY

That was on my mind on Sunday when I was working on it. It's actually a miracle that the barn never blew up at some point in the past. It smelled so strong in there, but it didn't occur to me that it was a gas leak.

Badonkadonk
Premium
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Dish Network

When it comes to things like that, unless I'm supremely confident about my abilities, I stay away from DIY where there are possible safety consequences. A poor cope cut never killed anyone.
--
Awesome. More handouts, food stamps, welfare and entitlements to come. I'm so proud.

SwedishRider
Rider on the Storm
Premium
join:2006-01-11
not Sweden
kudos:1

said by Badonkadonk:

When it comes to things like that, unless I'm supremely confident about my abilities, I stay away from DIY where there are possible safety consequences. A poor cope cut never killed anyone.

Same here. Electrical and propane work I always sub out to the pros. I research and come up with solution ideas, but when the rubber hits the road, I know when I don't know and call in reputable pros to get the job done right.

Badonkadonk
Premium
Naperville, IL
Reviews:
·Dish Network

said by SwedishRider:

said by Badonkadonk:

Same here. Electrical and propane work I always sub out to the pros. I research and come up with solution ideas, but when the rubber hits the road, I know when I don't know and call in reputable pros to get the job done right.

Yeah, there are just some things I don't want to take chances on, especially with a family.
--
Awesome. More handouts, food stamps, welfare and entitlements to come. I'm so proud.

Warzau
Premium
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL
kudos:1

said by Badonkadonk:

said by SwedishRider:

said by Badonkadonk:

Yeah, there are just some things I don't want to take chances on, especially with a family.

Ditto!

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Badonkadonk

said by Badonkadonk:

Same with me. I won't touch anything gas related and I'll only do electrical stuff that doesn't involve touching the panel. If I need to touch the panel I have a licensed professional do it.
--
IF YOU FIND ANY MISTAKES IN MY WORK...Please consider that they are there for a purpose. I try to please everyone and there is always someone looking for mistakes!

Badonkadonk
Premium
Naperville, IL

Yeah, the electric panel gives me the willies.