dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
bigpapae35
join:2002-10-25
New York, NY

bigpapae35

Re: Incoming fax to email- Anveo or callcentric?

Well, it is true to the effect of 95%, cause I have 29 faxes in my inbox and it looks like only one of my customers is having issues.

This is a verizon pots number I ported into CC, this client faxes me every other day, didn't have an issue on pots.

But on CC, this clients fax just doesnt come through, I tried both of CC's fax modules.

I was going to forward by sip uri to anveo, but from what I just read that will just add another leg to the transmission.

Would asking the customer to reduce their fax speed help?
my customers fax machine is a canon mfc4350

Arne Bolen
User of Anveo Direct, 3CX and Qubes OS.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-21
Utopia

Arne Bolen

Premium Member

said by bigpapae35:

I was going to forward by sip uri to anveo, but from what I just read that will just add another leg to the transmission.

Forwarding is probably not a good solution.

I suggest you purchase a DID on your Anveo account and dedicate it to fax only. Ask your client with the fax issues to fax the Anveo DID and see what happens.
Iscream
Premium Member
join:2009-02-17
New York, NY

Iscream to bigpapae35

Premium Member

to bigpapae35
A Canon MFC series is in general a very good and robust line (I use them too, both at work and home). The customer may need to play with some settings there. For example - try to NOT use color faxing or G4 faxing. Or configure "international" faxing for this transmission to get through.

You may also try SIP forwarding to Anveo (or as Arne suggested - taking a fax dedicated DID there) - it's not going to hurt, but may bring some interesting result (I'd, for sure, be interested in knowing your experience).