bigpapae35

join:2002-10-25
united state
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Callcentric

3 edits
reply to bigpapae35

Re: Incoming fax to email- Anveo or callcentric?

I tried the sip uri to anveo, with the same failure. But when I gave them the direct DID for anveo, the fax went through.

I had the customer try every speed setting, 33600, 14400, 9600, 4800, 2400 and none of the faxes go through.

I have a feeling callcentric tries to reinvite to t38 transmission protocol and it fails, cause the client had me on the phone while fax machine was calling and it sounded like it was ringing and then fax tones were going coming in and then a reinvite to t38 was passed and then it failed.

Arne Bolen
Happy Anveo customer
Premium
join:2009-06-21
Cyberspace
kudos:4
A customer using Canon Pixma MX350 has successfully sent several faxes to my NY Anveo DID.
--
My VoIP News

Iscream
Premium
join:2009-02-17
New York, NY
kudos:6
reply to bigpapae35
Could you try one more experiment, please? - take a NY Free DID from Callcentric and make an experiment similar to Anveo's DID - just assign that Free DID to fax.

Please let me know your results. Thank you.

Iscream
Premium
New York, NY
reply to bigpapae35
If this is T.38 re-invite/G.711 fallback issue - it can then be disabled on CC's side for your DID. Please PM me your CC's phone number used for faxing. Thank you.

Iscream
Premium
New York, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
Okay, the T.38 re-invite had been disabled for your DID when calls are coming from that particular carrier whose calls cannot be properly negotiated upon detecting fax tone.

It's a bit weird situation, but calls from your originating number (the one which had troubles faxing) come to us via SIP rather than from PSTN because that carrier has a SIP interconnection agreement with us. Please let me know whether it works for you now (I've replied to your PM too). Thank you.

bigpapae35

join:2002-10-25
united state
kudos:1
thank you for the changes, I just pm you with feedback.