spc
Search similar:

uniqs
monicakm
join:2005-03-12
Grand Saline, TX

monicakm

Gen 4 Usage???

So if my big green usage circle stays at 100% (98% at the very lowest), how am I supposed to know how close I am to my 10GB monthly allowance (Gen 4 Power Plan)? I know I could add up every single hour of every day but SURELY there is quicker way. Called TS and those were the only two ways he knew of (and he's here in Tx, not India)! And about the "free time". Instead of being unlimited, it too is 10GB per month, right? My first month is over on the 17th. I'd like to know how I'm doing as this has been a very typical 3+ weeks. It would sure help if they'd at least tally each day.
After 26 days, this is what is reported next to the green pie chart. We all know it's not accurate.
***Plan Allowance: 10000 MB
Allowance Remaining: 9953 MB
Allowance Remaining: 100%
Time Until Allowance Refill (days, hr:min):
4, 7:53***

Monica
hughesnet123
join:2012-11-08

hughesnet123

Gen 4 is unlimited right now. It will keep resetting. They haven't turned the caps on. It will reset a few times a day back to 100%
monicakm
Grand Saline, TX

monicakm

So the only way to know would be to add up all the hours of every day? I don't think I want to know that bad
Do you know how much longer it will be unlimited?
hughesnet123

hughesnet123

Well, they aren't going to charge you for it. They purposely are doing this. The night cap never even turns on. The day cap turns on but it resets.

I'm not sure how long it will be unlimited but be careful not to use much because one day they might turn it on and you might wake up to find out you've used most of your GB because you thought it was still unlimited.

I use it as if it still has a limit, until I see the cap reset. I keep the page open in my browser. It tends to reset about every 3 hours for me. At night time I get 7 hours instead of 6 hours on the night cap, and they never turn that on to even have a chance to reset.

They will probably start the cap within the next month I'd imagine. But hopefully not.
monicakm
Grand Saline, TX

monicakm

Last night I downloaded Photoshop Elements 11. 1.16GB. I expected my pie chart to be back to 100% today. It wasn't and it's still not. I have 3 days and 8 hours to go with 86% free.
I wonder if they've stopped the unlimited downloads?
sharkyyoung
Premium Member
join:2012-03-15
Reno, NV

sharkyyoung

Premium Member

Anything is possible anymore.
hughesnet123

hughesnet123 to monicakm

to monicakm
How long have you waited? Wait until the night is over. Sometimes mine has taken after the night hours to refill. But they could have started the cap. I'm not sure.

Either way, you still got plenty of space left. I'd check it in the morning.
monicakm
Grand Saline, TX

monicakm

It was yesterday, late evening, when I downloaded PSE (but before midnight). Figured I'd be back to 100% this morning. I've got more than enough to make it to the end of my month. But, if it doesn't refill before then, I guess we know the freebies are over!
hughesnet123

hughesnet123 to monicakm

to monicakm
Yeah, I just got home. I'm waiting to see what happens with mine also. Mine is at 100% but it refilled last night before I left. I am just now using it today. I was hoping they would keep the cap off for a while but oh well. At least I got a few free days.
hughesnet123

hughesnet123 to monicakm

to monicakm
It appears the unlimited usage is over. Mine is not starting over either.
hughesnet123

hughesnet123 to monicakm

to monicakm
*Update*

But the night cap seems to still be unlimited. I can't get it to go down. It seems they may have started the day cap because it never did reset.
hughesnet123

hughesnet123 to monicakm

to monicakm
Yet another update, after a very long time mine finally reset. Apparently it's still unlimited! My daytime usage reset during the night.
monicakm
Grand Saline, TX

monicakm

Mine hasn't reset from the large download of Monday night. I'm still at 85%
hughesnet123

hughesnet123 to monicakm

to monicakm
I got reset and the night cap still doesn't turn on. It last from 1am to 8am. Instead of 2am to 8am. They could start certain area's caps before others. Everyone's might not start at once.
pvtpilot94
System
Premium Member
join:2001-11-23
Bucyrus, OH

pvtpilot94 to monicakm

Premium Member

to monicakm
I haven't seen a reset for a couple days now.
Expand your moderator at work
hughesnet123

hughesnet123 to monicakm

to monicakm

Re: Gen 4 Usage???

I'm still getting resets. Mine just reset again. My area must be still resetting. I'm on beam 39.
monicakm
Grand Saline, TX

monicakm to hughesnet123

to hughesnet123
But the night cap seems to still be unlimited.

How can you tell?
hughesnet123

hughesnet123 to monicakm

to monicakm
Yeah, the night cap hasn't been turned on. You tell by going to my.hughesnet.com and it shows the day cap and the night cap beside each other. It's unlimited. Be nice if they keep it that way. They are feeling some pressure to keep it that way because other companies have free nights.
hughesnet123

hughesnet123 to monicakm

to monicakm
My nightcap has been lasting from 1AM until 10AM. I am still getting resets in the day cap. But the night cap still doesn't turn on. It actually seems like starts around 12:30 am and then starts around 10 to 10:30am