Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

fifty nine

join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ
kudos:2

Looks like an iPhone

Looks like everyone is copying Apple now. Hard to argue with success.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

said by fifty nine:

Looks like everyone is copying Apple now.

gigahurtz
Premium
join:2001-10-20
Palm Coast, FL

Why is that statement not accurate for you? The iPhone was released in 2007 as the first full fledged touch screen smartphone. Say what you want about Apple, but if it wasn't for the release of the iPhone, Android wouldn't be what it is today.

NOCTech75
Premium
join:2009-06-29
Marietta, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by gigahurtz:

Why is that statement not accurate for you? The iPhone was released in 2007 as the first full fledged touch screen smartphone. Say what you want about Apple, but if it wasn't for the release of the iPhone, Android wouldn't be what it is today.

And if touch screens were never invented the iPhone would never be released.

NetFixer
Snarl For The Camera Please
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
reply to fifty nine

Well it does appear to be rectangular, and have rounded corners, and a touch screen. I guess the RIM lawyers decided that Apple would not consider the new BB to be as much of a threat as Samsung.
--
We can never have enough of nature.
We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT
kudos:1

said by NetFixer:

Well it does appear to be rectangular, and have rounded corners, and a touch screen. I guess the RIM lawyers decided that Apple would not consider the new BB to be as much of a threat as Samsung.

I guess they figure the BB 10 wont out sell the iphone like the samsung did, so apple is not scared.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

1 recommendation

reply to gigahurtz

Yes Apple invented the concept of a rectangle phone with rounded corners

G1dd1ty

@start.ca
reply to gigahurtz

And if it wasn't for Rim and Blackberry, Apple wouldn't be what it is today.

Simba7
I Void Warranties

join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT
reply to gigahurtz

said by gigahurtz:

The iPhone was released in 2007 as the first full fledged touch screen smartphone.

Bull. Nokia did. »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_7710
said by gigahurtz:

Say what you want about Apple, but if it wasn't for the release of the iPhone, Android wouldn't be what it is today.

Oh, I can be thankful for the iPhone. Thanks for having my bill skyrocket and making truly unlimited plans history. Thanks for ditching OS upgrades on older devices and keeping third party OS devs locked out, thereby forcing you to buy yet another iPhone (or iPod/iPad/iWhatever).

It is a proven fact. Anytime a company starts selling the iPhone, the unlimited data plans go away and get replaced with tiers that are even more expensive.

I do find it funny that Apple is now copying Android.. yet they claim they're not.
--
Bresnan 30M/5M | CenturyLink 5M/896K
MyWS[PnmIIX3@3.2G,8G RAM,500G+1.5T+2T HDDs,Win7]
WifeWS[A64@2G,2G RAM,120G HDD,Win7]
Router[2xP3@1G,2G RAM,18G HDD,Allied Telesyn AT2560FX,2xDigital DE504,Sun X1034A,2xSun X4444A,SMC 8432BTA,Gentoo]

tcope
Premium
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT
kudos:2
reply to fifty nine

Might want to check when the G1 was released...

In 2007... a few months after the iPhone. So obviously Google did not copy the iPhone... unless they are so good that they can do it in the matter of a few months.

Copy Apple... is that sarcasm?