Search similar:

uniqs
Samgee
join:2010-08-02
canada

Samgee to aaah

to aaah

Re: CNOC Files w/ CRTC Against Rogers

For now nothing changes. The hope was this would force speed increases for current TPIA customers. The speed matching will take place when those providers move to aggregate connections, which must be completed by mid-November of this year. Start is already on aggregate which is why they currently offer the higher speeds. The rest will move over by November.

The next CRTC decision will impact the pricing of those new plans.
LostTheGame
join:2012-11-24
Ottawa, ON

1 edit

LostTheGame to atschool

to atschool
Distributel needs to rush to get their AGG POIs online

aaah
@videotron.ca

aaah to TOPDAWG

Anon

to TOPDAWG
said by TOPDAWG:

hm so this stuff means what?

Means non-aggregated resellers will need to move to aggregated to get the same speeds.

The writing was on the wall with this one. Besides it's already be stated and known ISP's have to move over to aggregated.

For example:
I believe Start is aggregated, so they got the speed match
Teksavvy is not, so no speed match for them.

So little by little Teksavvy will have to make the migration over the year. This means that people on Rogers and Start, for example, get the new speeds right away (rogers has to file the tariff's for the faster upload), teksavvy users may get it 10-months to a year from now. So I envision lots of TSI people jumping ship in the coming months not wanting to wait till the end of the year to get a speed increase.

I don't know how Acanac or distributel are set-up. You need to ask them.

Maybe create a new topic asking this, or ask Acanac over here, »community.acanac.com/acanac/
bdoyledimou
join:2002-08-20
Markham, ON

bdoyledimou to aaah

to aaah
Tek is going to have to pull a rabbit out of someplace or Start is going to get the business.

If i can have faster speeds and same downloads cap for the same price -- guess where i am headed.

As it is i have only recieved half the promised speed that i was paying for from tek for 1.5 years while they were oversold in my area..

not going to sit here and let them take my $$$ for half service for much longer.

aaah
@videotron.ca

aaah

Anon

You only have half the speed you bought for 1.5 years now? On over-sold cable?

Seriously?

I didn't know Teksavvy never bothered upgrading their links for what they oversold for an entire year and a half. That's something. Really is.
bdoyledimou
Markham, ON

bdoyledimou

NOT now although it is starting to slow down again at peak hours -- from June 2010 to Nov 2012 i was paying for the 24 Mbps and getting (if i was lucky) 12 Mbps during off peak, and maybe 5 mbps from 4 pm to 2 am. they had a stop sell on the node, but it still took 1.5 years to upgrade and fix the issue.

aaah
@videotron.ca

aaah

Anon

What was the excuse(s) you got?
geokilla
join:2010-10-04
North York, ON

geokilla to aaah

to aaah
said by aaah :

Seriously?

I didn't know Teksavvy never bothered upgrading their links for what they oversold for an entire year and a half. That's something. Really is.

They say they've been upgrading their POIs to deal with their congestion issues and keep up with demand. Something about contract too and Rogers being dumb. Go to Teksavvy's subforum for more info.

aaah
@videotron.ca

aaah

Anon

said by geokilla:

They say they've been upgrading their POIs to deal with their congestion issues and keep up with demand. Something about contract too and Rogers being dumb. Go to Teksavvy's subforum for more info.

Does every Rogers reseller have this issue there? Or only TSI?

Distributel?
Acanac?
Start?
Other?
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983 to aaah

Premium Member

to aaah
said by aaah :

Seriously?

I call BS, cuz Teksavvy is still installing upgrades to POIs.
Either he's using a D2 modem for the D3 service or he's seeing local node congestion. If you check the Rogers forum, there is local node congestion in several areas right now.
bdoyledimou
Markham, ON

bdoyledimou

right now -- I am fine -- but slowing down -- i am getting between 20 and 28mbps regardless of time of day.

That wasnt the case between June 2011 and October 2012, when they had a stop sell and a massive crush on their poi.
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983

Premium Member

said by bdoyledimou:

right now -- I am fine -- but slowing down -- i am getting between 20 and 28mbps regardless of time of day.

That wasnt the case between June 2011 and October 2012, when they had a stop sell and a massive crush on their poi.

The problems didn't go into late 2012.
»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 80704354

shwatkin
Premium Member
join:2007-10-02
Newcastle, ON
Asus XT8
Asus RT-AX92U
Nokia XS-010X-Q

shwatkin to LostTheGame

Premium Member

to LostTheGame
said by LostTheGame:

Agreed. While I'm happy with 28/1 service I'd be happier with 35/3. Mostly looking forward to the faster upload speed. However, if it means losing my unlimited service then I'm happy to stick with 28/1.
geokilla
join:2010-10-04
North York, ON

geokilla to aaah

to aaah
said by aaah :

said by geokilla:

Distributel?
Acanac?
Start?
Other?

What issue? Speeds? Or congestion?

aaah
@videotron.ca

aaah

Anon

said by geokilla:

said by aaah :

said by geokilla:

Distributel?
Acanac?
Start?
Other?

What issue? Speeds? Or congestion?

Whatever it was that you replied to in this specific region for this specific person, which appears to be all the above.
d_source
join:2011-01-18

d_source to shwatkin

to shwatkin
said by shwatkin:

said by LostTheGame:

Agreed. While I'm happy with 28/1 service I'd be happier with 35/3. Mostly looking forward to the faster upload speed. However, if it means losing my unlimited service then I'm happy to stick with 28/1.

+1. Must continue to be unlimited.
vincom
join:2009-03-06
Bolton, ON

vincom to shwatkin

to shwatkin
said by shwatkin:

said by LostTheGame:

there wont be any old disaggreated plans anymore as of nov13/2013 as rogers states, everyone will be on the new aggregated system with whatever caps/speeds rogers specifys and whatever indie can afford to give out as to the caps
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt

said by vincom:

there wont be any old disaggreated plans anymore as of nov13/2013 as rogers states, everyone will be on the new aggregated system with whatever caps/speeds rogers specifys

Rogers does not get to set TPIA usage limits.
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by bt:

said by vincom:

there wont be any old disaggreated plans anymore as of nov13/2013 as rogers states, everyone will be on the new aggregated system with whatever caps/speeds rogers specifys

Rogers does not get to set TPIA usage limits.

I think vincom meant the caps will essentially decided by Rogers in the sense that TPIAs will be unlikely to be able to offer unlimited plans with the same profit margins as before.
bdoyledimou
Markham, ON

bdoyledimou to resa1983

to resa1983
they DID in Markham.