how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Vomio

join:2008-04-01
reply to Shrug

Re: CNOC Files w/ CRTC Against Rogers

Could be, there is the rest of the internet.

I think the only place my browsing has crossed paths with him posting recently is Twitter, but then again I don't have much reason to go on a JF hunt.

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10

1 recommendation

Knock it off guys. Lets keep this about CNOC vs Rogers, and not about how you guys think about JF. Its disrespectful, especially as he's busted his ass for years in his filings trying to make things better for all of us.
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7
reply to HiVolt

said by HiVolt:

....And then there's the grudge against DSLR... Silly wabbit.

Trix are for kids

Then again it might be :

Daffy : RABBIT SEASON !

Bugs : DUCK SEASON !

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!
reply to LastDon

said by LastDon:

Some people that think JF has an ego have forgotten that his filling to the office of Tony Clement got a lot of media coverage and a lot of attention and woke a few people up.

Ego or not, he has helped a lot period. no ifs or buts.

I haven't read ahead yet, but I completely agree.

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!
reply to dillyhammer

said by dillyhammer:

....I personally find his [JF's] ego pretty much commensurate with his abilities and intellect, and of his importance in the grand telecom regulatory bullshit scheme of things there can be no dispute. He's had an impact, done a lot, and obviously intends to do more.

You could just, you know, break down and thank him.

Hey, mayhaps even buy him breakfast.

--

We have only 2 things about which to worry :
(1) That things may never get back to normal
(2) That they already HAVE !
-
START Forum »Start Communications
Or you can still use Canadian Broadband.

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!
reply to Then N Than

said by Then N Than :

said by TOPDAWG:

guy always seemed to be to have a huge ego and think he was more important then he really was.

I don't know if i'm crossing the line here... you decide... BUT, JF knows how to use the words "then" and "than" properly.

Pretty good for a guy whose first language is not English !

And it's surprising how many folks get those two words swapped, or only use one of them all of the time.

resa1983
Premium
North York, ON

Its surprisingly difficult to write a decent submission, when all you can think of is "This is total bullshit" and it pops up on the page a few times, only to have to change it.
--

U Go Girl

@videotron.ca
reply to resa1983

said by resa1983:

Knock it off guys. Lets keep this about CNOC vs Rogers, and not about how you guys think about JF. Its disrespectful, especially as he's busted his ass for years in his filings trying to make things better for all of us.

+1

to add

@videotron.ca
reply to resa1983

said by resa1983:

If I may interject here... Just wanted to add...

It's people & CNOC versus Rogers.

JF represents a lot of people (like the Quebec consumers union or PIAC or CIPPIC).

CNOC, as per their mandate, represents the resale business and their business interests. Thus the reason why JF is an important factor in all this. He brings all the question and rants we have on the table in plain language and doesn't represent business interests (like how CNOC member distributel was all for UBB, as an example).

pick a name

@videotron.ca
reply to Davesnothere

said by Davesnothere:

Pretty good for a guy whose first language is not English !

And it's surprising how many folks get those two words swapped, or only use one of them all of the time.

Actually I have never seen this ever in Quebec. It's something I have *only* ever saw on this forum coming from both Ontarians and people from the maritimes over the years here. I don't even know a French guy here in Quebec that frigs these two up.

Says something about the schools when then and than are one in the same.

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
kudos:2
reply to aaah

Certainly sucks waiting for this with posts coming into the Rogers forum showing their customers with the new download/upload speeds.

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23

said by creed3020:

Certainly sucks waiting for this with posts coming into the Rogers forum showing their customers with the new download/upload speeds.

I'm still waiting for an upgrade from 25/7 to 25/10... Didn't all Bell customers get that upgrade a while ago, while GAS customers are still waiting for automatic upgrades?
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33

I think the reason is due to your line not being able to handle the 10 megs with 70% & 88% occupancy on both your lines.

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
Montreal, QC
reply to aaah

For my upstream occupancy? Hrrm, my downstream occupancy is something under 40%, and the DSLAM is likely in my building based on how my loop length is just a few hundred feet... What is the listed attainable on my upstream? The modem only directly reports occupancy on downstream.
--

TSI Martin
Premium
Chatham, ON

We don't see attainable unfortunately. I thought the Cellpipes were showing the attainable?

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Guspaz

I was under the impression that if your line could handle it as a Bell client you were bumped up automatically. If you were with an indie it had to be requested to go from 7 to 10mbps.

Either way I'm upset with my measily 1Mbps. This CNOC filing is crucial to me as I would really like the 3Mbps that should be coming to my account.

Switching to VDSL is too much with the dryloop fee and modem fee and higher base fee than cable...but I digress..

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to TSI Martin

said by TSI Martin:

We don't see attainable unfortunately. I thought the Cellpipes were showing the attainable?

Your tool shows you the RCO, which you can use to calculate the approximate attainable rate...

TSI Martin
Premium
Chatham, ON

Which is what I provided on that previous post.
Both are set to 8128 with one line @ 70% & the other @ 88%.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

oh, right... so sync rate for 7meg is 8128k, and for 10meg is 11320 or something...

So assuming his sync is currently 8128k, 70% RCO yields attainable of ~10550k sync and 88% RCO yields ~9100k...

I think its something like that, and neither line is good enough for 11320 sync with some room to spare.. My line at 11320 upsteram sync is at 71% so I still have room to spare...

Sync Rate: d26936.0/u11320.0 kbps
RCO: d43.0/u71.0%
--

TSI Martin
Premium
Chatham, ON

Bingo

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
Montreal, QC
reply to aaah

So that indicates some sort of problem, because my downstream RCO is similar to HiVolt, and the DSLAM is most likely in the same building as me. My understanding is that upstream bands are interleaved with downstream bands with VDSL2...

I'm going through an enterphone if it's relevant. I remember one of the Bell guys posting around here that Bell had some equipment they installed on the line if an enterphone was causing issues. Should we be moving this to the direct forum?
--

AOD
Premium
join:2008-01-24
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:1

The deadline is 8pm today?

resa1983
Premium
North York, ON

Yup. I'm just finishing my submission - I have a few great people proofing for me since my writing usually sucks fairly badly.
--

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1
reply to aaah

Rogers response, via JF: »www.vaxination.ca/crtc/2012/Roge···2012.pdf

resa1983
Premium
North York, ON

My response.

Thank you Ares & cloneman for proofing.

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
Montreal, QC

1 edit
reply to aaah

Rogers contradicts themselves pretty damned obviously:

said by Rogers :

CNOC’s assertion that Rogers has already implemented the speed increases to its
Express, Extreme and Extreme Plus retail packages without any price change to Rogers’ retail customers is incorrect. Rogers has not re-speeded its retail customer base. Customers with DOCSIS 2.0 modems will remain at their existing speeds and these customers represent two-thirds of Rogers’ retail end-users. With regard to the one-third of Rogers’ retail customers who do have DOCSIS 3.0 modems, these customers will be moved to the higher speeds over the next five weeks.

So, they claim they didn't give speed upgrades, but then the last sentence says they're upgrading a third of their customers.
--

Ares45
Premium
join:2007-11-14
Toronto, ON

Yeah... I read that as "We haven't done it yet, so they're totally wrong. But we're doing it soon, so STFU".

hm

@videotron.ca
reply to resa1983

said by resa1983:

My response.

Nicely done.

I'm not sure if it contradicts CNOC in some areas though. Think it does, But don't feel like rereading everything to double check.

But very nicely done. It rubbed Rogers nose in a few things they just stated that appears to not be true.

So w/ Rogers new filing today, I guess this sort of proves this post:
»Re: CNOC Files w/ CRTC Against Rogers

Some of this seems to be a fault with the TPIA providers as well since they knew very well everything was being pushed to aggregated (which makes sense) This was even stated.. what.. a year or two ago?

heh resa1983 took Rogers by the scruff of the neck and pushed their nose in their own doodoo. I like it.

resa1983
Premium
North York, ON

said by hm :

said by resa1983:

My response.

Nicely done.

I'm not sure if it contradicts CNOC in some areas though. Think it does, But don't feel like rereading everything to double check.

Ack.. Thats not good. I was trying not to. :\

EDIT: Ahh.. I see. Those prices were aggregated, there were different ones for disaggregated. Thats about the only thing. I just added supporting documentation to the CNOC request.
--

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to bt

OOOH it's Docsis 3 so we should get more money, the old speeds were DOCSIS 2

WTF does that have anything do with it. Typical Rogers throw up a red herring and see if they go for it.

The underlying technology has ZERO do with speed matching.