·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
·Comcast
reply to NormanS

Re: [Availability] Dsl availability

said by NormanS:

said by NetFixer:

He's probably using the universal ISP: Linksys

Not so universal, here. Mine used to say, "PACEnnn" before I changed the SSID, then turned off the radio. If I wanted to hide in this forest, I'd reset the SSID to, ATT666!
»/r0/download/2···WiFi.png

Occasionally see, "2WIREnnn" listed, as well.

(I don't have AT&T Internet service.)

I chose the Linksys SSID for a reason. Linksys routers still seem to setup up an open WiFi connection by default. Most other manufacturers these days will use a default password and setup an encrypted connection out of the box.

Notice that the Linksys connection highlighted in your screen shot is an open connection? Here is a WiFi scan that I just did from my notebook, and the Linksys connection shown in that scan is also open.

--
We can never have enough of nature.
We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC

said by NetFixer:

Notice that the Linksys connection highlighted in your screen shot is an open connection? Here is a WiFi scan that I just did from my notebook, and the Linksys connection shown in that scan is also open.

Yes, the "linksys-guest" is unsecured; but I wonder if it is intentional. The "linksys" reports, "WPA2-PSK". In fact, except for the "linksys", all routers report, "WPA2-PSK, 802.11n".
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum
Expand your moderator at work