spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Sergei

@rogers.com

[Extreme Plus] P2P Traffic Management

Has anyone had the p2p throttling removed in their area yet? I haven't used BT in a while, but it is worse than I ever remembered. I litterallly get less than dial-up speeds both up and down.

I checked this page:

»promo.orderrogers.ca/trafficmana···-traffic

but my postal code (Ottawa/Barrhaven) it's not even recognized.

delius

join:2006-07-30
Dorchester, ON

Check weekly. Still in effect in London. Plan to eliminate in 2012. We,ll see

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10
reply to Sergei

If both up & down are affected and you're not using p2p, you're experiencing congestion due to Rogers not doing required hardware upgrades.
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP

ViSkY

join:2011-03-16
canada
reply to Sergei

I wont expect anything until New Years Eve...

Sergei

@rogers.com
reply to Sergei

I don't think it's network congestion. I can download and upload using ftp and http at the the speed I am supposed to get 35/1. It's just when I use BT that the problem starts.

Let's hope that they will keep their word and get rid of p2p traffic shaping by January, but honestly I wouldn't bet any money on it.

TOPDAWG
Premium
join:2005-04-27
Midland, ON
kudos:3
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Sergei

hm tried that rogers site said it's still in my area I've no issue with maxing my upload and download on P2P now so not sure I buy that answer.

»broadband.mpi-sws.org/transparen···test.php

You can try that test. I guess it works.

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10
reply to Sergei

said by Sergei :

I don't think it's network congestion. I can download and upload using ftp and http at the the speed I am supposed to get 35/1. It's just when I use BT that the problem starts.

Let's hope that they will keep their word and get rid of p2p traffic shaping by January, but honestly I wouldn't bet any money on it.

Ah.. Then if you're using BT at the time, you're max'ing out your upload, while will have a direct impact on your download speeds due to not being able to send ACKs in a timely manner due to Rogers's throttling. You need to drop your max BT upload speed below Rogers' threshold.
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP