1-3-2-4
Premium Member
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

Subaru to WK2

Premium Member

to WK2

Re: Generator Time!!!

what was the lamp? CFL? being 7500W a small lamp is hardly a load, however I noticed most CFL's will flicker with on a generator, I did not have the right meter with me but I guess it's the AC cycle and if it's not a inverter generator that would be the case as well, but it's nothing to cry over.

dennismurphy
Put me on hold? I'll put YOU on hold
Premium Member
join:2002-11-19
Parsippany, NJ

dennismurphy

Premium Member

said by Subaru:

what was the lamp? CFL? being 7500W a small lamp is hardly a load, however I noticed most CFL's will flicker with on a generator, I did not have the right meter with me but I guess it's the AC cycle and if it's not a inverter generator that would be the case as well, but it's nothing to cry over.

Instead of cfl's, I took the LED bulbs out of the hanging light in the kitchen and used them in a torch lamp during the outage. They were stead, bright, and drew very little wattage. I'm sold on the Philips LED bulbs - just have to get the cost down a bit ...

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

said by dennismurphy:

said by Subaru:

Instead of cfl's, I took the LED bulbs out of the hanging light in the kitchen and used them in a torch lamp during the outage. They were stead, bright, and drew very little wattage. I'm sold on the Philips LED bulbs - just have to get the cost down a bit ...

They here at HD not just philips they really expanded the LED section a bit, I haven't looked at them but I will be soon because I want to replace the recessed light with an LED because the current Cree recessed light I have is a bit too big.

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
join:2007-11-26
North, VA

Jack_in_VA to Subaru

Premium Member

to Subaru
said by Subaru:

I use CFL's and they don't flicker but it could be the design of the alternator.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

could be

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
join:2007-11-26
North, VA

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

said by Subaru:

could be

It probably will smooth out with a heavier load.

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to Subaru

Premium Member

to Subaru
Its one of those new light bulbs