uniqs
share rss forum feed

Frank_IT
Premium
join:2003-11-01
Montreal

[Asterisk] Voip.MS and Freepbx

Good day,

I'm new to that stuff.. and need some help..

I built my asterix box using freepbx (asterixnow). My phones are cisco sip phones. Everything is working. I got an account and DID from Voip.ms, and I connected my asterisk to them with IAX2.

My only problem now, is that I can't change outgoing CID.. it always show UNKOWN.. i did try to change it from the extension, from the trunk.. maybe i miss something?

Also, I see that voip suggest to use SIP ... which one is better and less trouble with NAT ?

Thanks.

Frank
--
Rogers - iPhone 4s 32gb

Trimline
Premium
join:2004-10-24
Windermere, FL

There are some known issues setting your outbound caller id within Asterisk. Set it from the VoIP.ms portal, not your PBX.

A_VoIPer

join:2009-11-04
reply to Frank_IT

I'm currently running PiaF with Asterisk 1.8.1.1 with a trunk setup for VoIP.ms with SIP and setting Outbound CID works fine for me (currently set via extension setting). In the VoIP.ms sub-account panel, I have the device type set to "Asterisk, IP PBX, Gateway or VoIP Switch" and the CallerID Number field left blank.

Are you seeing UNKNOWN in your asterisk logs? My logs show the following: Set(CALLERID(all)=XXXYYYZZZZ)

I haven't tried IAX2 since SIP works fine with my NAT setup, but I understand IAX2 can simplify the things if you need inbound port forwarding. Here's a link that compares the two: »www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/IAX+versus+SIP

lifespeed

join:2009-09-08
reply to Frank_IT

I set my caller ID to whatever the incoming caller's phone number is when I am not home. This way, when it forwards to my mobile phone I know who is calling, rather than seeing my own phone number as caller ID. All automagically.
--
Lifespeed

AndrewZ
Premium
join:2003-07-17
somewhere
reply to Frank_IT

said by Frank_IT:

I can't change outgoing CID.

I don't have such a problem. Where you set your desired Caller ID in FreePBX?

Frank_IT
Premium
join:2003-11-01
Montreal
reply to Frank_IT

Thanks all,

finally it work.. i was calling my cell phone to see the callerid, but it seem there is something wrong with Rogers.. I called my work and mom number, and see it the way i had set it

Thanks!
--
Rogers - iPhone 4s 32gb