All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr to nuts

to nuts

Re: [Extreme Plus] DPC3825 and 150/10 possible?

Switching your modem doesn't mean you'll be on the 150/10. You must request the tier as it costs extra.
JAC70
join:2008-10-20
canada

2 edits

JAC70

said by yyzlhr:

Switching your modem doesn't mean you'll be on the 150/10. You must request the tier as it costs extra.

Well, yes, that was my goal from the start. Since I'm getting 70% off internet and modem rental, I might as well maximize my savings.

Edit: yyzlhr, the process you specified worked perfectly. I went to my local Rogers store, the rep found the code, swapped the 3825 for another one to get it on the 150/10 tier, and then swapped it back to my original modem.

Thank you very much for finding that for me.

caca
@rogers.com

caca

Anon

so what did you had to do??i switch my to 150/10 i got the hitron but still shows am only getting 75/10
JAC70
join:2008-10-20
canada

JAC70

You have to call Rogers and ask to be upgraded to the 150/10 plan. Then you wait a while, and maybe reboot your modem once or twice.

caca
@rogers.com

caca to JAC70

Anon

to JAC70
hello i have the new hitron and switch tot he new tier but i cant get the 150/10 am only getting about 90/10 when i contact rogers and they do the test on speednet it shows 250 lol.last time i left my result up so they could see it and all they said do new 1 but everytime i do it with them its over 250 when i do it its between 75-90
Ree
join:2007-04-29
h0h0h0

Ree

said by caca:

hello i have the new hitron and switch tot he new tier but i cant get the 150/10 am only getting about 90/10 when i contact rogers and they do the test on speednet it shows 250 lol.last time i left my result up so they could see it and all they said do new 1 but everytime i do it with them its over 250 when i do it its between 75-90

Since you said you "left my result up" I assume that means you and the Rogers rep are both testing from the same PC? I'm asking because one computer in my house was getting 250mbps from speedtest.net, and another (newer) computer only got 90mbps. In my case it was due to an old crossover cable being used, which was not compatible with gigabit.

So assuming something like that isn't the case, are you and the Rogers rep using the same server to test against at speedtest.net? There's only 2 or 3 that I've ever been able to hit 250mbps at, most of the others are well below 100mbps, so that could be another reason.

I wish you luck in trying to use a DPC3825...I tried but gave up after 3 failed attempts to get a CSR that knew how!