JohnInSJ
Premium
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA

1 recommendation

reply to Blogger

Re: [WIN8] Microsoft's head Windows guy leaving IMMEDIATELY

said by Blogger:

Windows 8 based upon my reading reports of others to be the same horse as Win 7 with just a fancier saddle to try and convince users that it's really a whole new and better horse. And they will prove it to you no matter how much it costs you.

Well, I guess if you actually used it, you'd see that it has at least twice as many new features vs 7 as ML does vs Lion. For $40 instead of $30.

Obviously, if they move to calling each minor feature add a new release, they'll need to charge only $30 or so for each upgrade.
--
My place : »www.schettino.us

BillRoland
Premium
join:2001-01-21
Ocala, FL
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

1 recommendation

said by JohnInSJ:

Well, I guess if you actually used it, you'd see that it has at least twice as many new features vs 7 as ML does vs Lion.

Not sure "frustration" is counted as a real feature.

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium
join:2002-09-10
canada
You're right, in marketing-speak it falls under "improved customer experience".
--
~ Project Hope ~

JohnInSJ
Premium
Aptos, CA
reply to BillRoland
said by BillRoland:

said by JohnInSJ:

Well, I guess if you actually used it, you'd see that it has at least twice as many new features vs 7 as ML does vs Lion.

Not sure "frustration" is counted as a real feature.

Really? I've been using it every day for 8+ hours a day. I am not feeling frustration. I mean honestly, are y'all spending all day playing with your start menus?
--

RazzyW8

@rr.com
Me neither.

I use 8 on my home and biz computers. Runs many many software I used on 7 including QuickBooks 2012 perfect.

Badonkadonk
Premium
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Dish Network
Even my 10, 13 and 15 year olds use it with no problem. Same for my extremely non-techie wife. I personally have no issues with it and like it quite a bit.

I guess my family and I get smarter while the confused and frustrated get . . . more confused and frustrated.
--
Awesome. More handouts, food stamps, welfare and entitlements to come. I'm so proud.

JohnInSJ
Premium
Aptos, CA

1 recommendation

said by Badonkadonk:

Even my 10, 13 and 15 year olds use it with no problem. Same for my extremely non-techie wife. I personally have no issues with it and like it quite a bit.

I guess my family and I get smarter while the confused and frustrated get . . . more confused and frustrated.

Heck I voted for Obama and even I could figure it out!
--

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to Badonkadonk
said by Badonkadonk:

That’s largely been my experience as well although my Wife only uses OS X now.

I’ve stated in earlier threads that I believe it’s the most experienced PC / Windows users that are the most vocal and outspoken against the Windows 8 new UI. This likely stems from being pushed out of their comfort zone of experience (knowledge).

It’s the less experienced or less classically experienced users that seem to take well to the new Windows UI as well as younger users. That and the more open minded users.

The expression “you can’t teach old dogs new tricks“ came about for a reason.