All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
PRIUS
join:2009-09-17
Toronto, ON

PRIUS to HiVolt

to HiVolt

[Internet] Why is price increasing Jan. 2013?

said by HiVolt:

said by BACONATOR26:

It's not about network improvements but in my opinion they are not gaining as many IPTV and Internet subscribers as they would like (Telus in comparison is killing them) and they want to keep their profit margin so they are raising the price.

Well because they are forcing the internet package with it, which many customers don't care for...

Hell i'd get their TV if were offered without internet... I'd just use another login for free internet hehe...

And that's the point, exactly! I know several of my neighbors who don't have a computer and, oftentimes, have said they would like to get Bell TV, however, they don't want to pay for a service that they cannot make use of (Bell Internet); they only want Bell TV. Why can't Bell offer TV without Internet?

Each time Bell comes to our building to demonstrate Bell Fibe TV, no one in the building signs up, because they ONLY want Bell TV and not Bell Internet. So Rogers gets all the TV subscribers.
ns1225
join:2010-12-30
Montreal, QC

ns1225

said by PRIUS:

Each time Bell comes to our building to demonstrate Bell Fibe TV, no one in the building signs up, because they ONLY want Bell TV and not Bell Internet. So Rogers gets all the TV subscribers.

Eventually they'll have to cave in to pressure and offer TV without anything else.
I make it a point to always mention TV without any other service even though I have no intention to subscribe. They always act shocked or puzzled by the demand for some reason. It's like they've never heard of how cable TV billing works.