spc
uniqs

IanG
@comcast.net

IanG to IanG

Anon

to IanG

Re: ASUS RT-N56U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.260

oops, sorry - I meant was trying to do 192.168.2.1 ... all is well now, thanks!

Bobbbo
@comcast.net

Bobbbo

Anon

Are people having any problems with wifi and this fw version?

I was having disconnects every 10 mins after upgrading, turns out the 'auto' channel was switching constantly.

I've set that to channel 1, and things are a lot more smooth now, but the router still goes unresponsive every 20 mins or so for about 10 seconds. Nothing in the logs...

Rich
@sccoast.net

Rich

Anon

I too am having problems. It seems to be with the wireless transmission.

kayakj
@150.148.218.x

kayakj to Bobbbo

Anon

to Bobbbo
I have been having issues too, and ended up switching to another custom firmware that works a lot better. I highly suggest trying it out. »code.google.com/p/rt-n56u/ ( if the link doesn't work for some reason just do a google search for Asus rtn56u firmware and then it should be hosted under google)

civilion
@chello.nl

civilion to Bobbbo

Anon

to Bobbbo
i two had some problems. actually no 2.4Ghz devices could find my network. it did once , but very briefly(did not manage to connect though). i did however fix this by going to the wireless settings and turn the radiobox "enable radio" to "on" in the professional tab(turning this on wil give you options to manage when your radio is turned on with time and date setting, i left these to the standard values because those are set to leave it on 7 days a weak from 12-12). i think the problem just might be that the 2.4GHz radio is turned off by default ??????????? weard