All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
mike_f
join:2007-01-10
Hawthorne, CA

mike_f

[DSL] Unexpected surprise - good tech support!

An easy problem to resolve, but it could have been worse.
My unawareness of the recent L.A. scheduled maintenance resulted in multiple power recycles (and likely causing the self-destruction) of the USR DSL modem I'd had for almost six years. After reading of the changes in tech support structure I was dreading the required phone call.
The call director immediately answered with 'you will be transferred to the next level 2 rep' or similar. After a short convo with someone who spoke 'local' English my new modem was on the way - no lengthy troubleshooting script encountered. Two follow up calls had the same pattern. Thanks, DSLX!
My only bad luck was receiving a D-Link DSL-2320B modem with the *wrong* voltage power supply wart; the replacement modem & p/s worked fine. BTW this modem syncs up *much* faster than the ancient USR one. Note that this modem also appears to be out of production - anyone get a newer model?

dslx_nick
ISP Employee
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_nick

ISP Employee

Glad the troubleshooting has been relatively trouble-free!

Last I had checked with our shipping department, the 2320B model was the latest D-Link version we had in stock. Rather curious they sent out the wrong power supply unit, however; shipping's normally very on-the-ball about such things (and it's not like they have a huge selection of power supplies to pick from, you know? Hah). Must've accidentally sent out a Comtrend power supply by mistake, sorry about that.