Search similar:

uniqs
taytong888
join:2005-06-20
Nepean, ON

taytong888

[Voip.ms] No Registration for Sub-Accounts

Hello,

I need help. My voip.ms main account shows registration, but the two sub-accounts show "Registration not found".

How do I correct this? When creating the sub-accounts a few months after first setting up the main account, I did not see any place for entering the server name. By the way, my ATA is OBi110.

Thanks in advance.

mm
I Did It My Way
Premium Member
join:2001-04-07
Summerville, SC

mm

Premium Member

The registration is when the device connects to the sub account. For example if you have an Android device it will only show up as registered when the Android is connected to the sub-account. The server is only assigned when the device is connected.
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango to taytong888

Premium Member

to taytong888
What is the end result that you want to achieve?

Is it that you have two OBi110 devices and you want to register one to each sub account?
hwittenb
join:2003-12-20

hwittenb to taytong888

to taytong888
You need your device to register to the sub-account if you want to receive incoming calls to the sub-account on your device. You don't need to register if all you want to do is make outgoing calls from the sub-account. The proxy is the same as the main account uses. Voip.ms has a number of proxy addresses geographically dispersed.

Adam4
Premium Member
join:2011-05-30
Woodland Hills, CA

Adam4 to taytong888

Premium Member

to taytong888
I use three VoIP.ms sub accounts (I do not use the main account). One sub account is registered on my Asterisk PBX, and the other two go to separate ATAs as failover backups for two DIDs if my Asterisk system should go down.

Right now, on the VoIP.ms console webpage, it is showing my sub account on my PBX as registered, but the two sub accounts with the ATAs are showing "Registration not found" even though the ATAs show themselves as registered and can receive incoming calls (tested by calling their VoIP.ms extension numbers).

I've notice this before occasionally but since everything seems to be working, I didn't give it another thought.
taytong888
join:2005-06-20
Nepean, ON

taytong888

Hello everyone,

I only have one ATA device called OBi110 and I want my sub-accounts to register to this box.

I read somewhere that for voip.ms, one first needs to create sub-accounts then link or point DIDs to them. The end result is the sub-accounts will be shown as registered to ATA, while the main account shows "no registration" even though VOIP works. I guess perhaps this is one of those progamming indiocracies of voip.ms.

I dont' know. I hope to be enlightened by more experienced OBi/VOIPMS users and even VOIPMS staff.

Thank you!
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

You do [not] need to create sub-accounts unless you want to register more than one device, or some other type of special situation.
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango to taytong888

Premium Member

to taytong888
I think you're confused about how VoIP.ms works. It is perfectly fine to leave your OBi110 registered to the main account. It would be better if you told us what you're trying to do, rather than how you're trying to do it.

As PX said, you don't need sub-accounts unless you have multiple devices.

m.