Premium Member
join:2003-02-21
Tacoma, WA
ARRIS TG1672
Netgear R8000

Matt_31

Premium Member

Re: [CATV] Pixelation & s0a00

Update: They ended up having to come out, by saturday evening the motorola box was dead it wouldnt record or do anything but show some channels (I had already made a appointment for them to come out). Things so far are better. The channels are working and the new box records. The DVR tuners had failed on my box (we'd had the box like atleast 6yrs I think it is).

One good thing was I was able to show the tech the problem and was able to see it himself. I also recommend talking pictures like I did cause one problem was hard to explain and he saw it and understood it easily (I didnt post those pictures here).

I am still not sold yet on the Pace multi room. The tech didnt talk to me about it and try to sell it to me which I was glad about as its already been done to me. He knew his stuff and was ready and very nice. So atleast for the moment things are solved.
Matt_31

Matt_31

Premium Member

Well so much for the new box. Weds night it started to screech and it reset itself, so after some reading I did the normal unplugging etc.. and nothing the screeching got louder and finally the box shut off and wouldn't come back on. I unplugged the box for the night and called Insight Thursday morning and it was decided it had died.

This afternoon a tech showed up and got a brand new box this time its a box that's been out for a while DCH6414 (rather then my DCT6414 III). Everything is the same except the face of the box. Still has 160gig hd as well. (too bad it wasn't bigger lol)

He did find a issue on one of my cords which was a quad shielded cord. It was blocking several of the channels, he put on a tri-shielded cord (like the rest of my cords) and the channels came right on. Very weird. There was no kinks in the cord or anything. He even re-spliced it. He stated as soon as he saw it he knew there was going to be trouble, he stated he has had a lot of issues with those cords. He also showed me some great tips with the box and internet. He was by far the best tech I've seen yet he was in no rush and took the time I learned a lot. I will be able to talk to tech support much better now in the future. Big thumbs up for this guy.