Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

wdsnls

join:2003-06-19
Palm City, FL

1 edit

[Wi-Fi] Unable to Connect to Network

I have two smartphones (LG Thrive) and suddenly was unable to connect via WIFI to my wireless gateway. Phones showed scanning, connecting and disconnecting repeatedly. I had no problem with my laptop, desktop wireless and internet TV connections. After trying several actions, i.e. powering off and on; removing batteries, etc., I decided to delete the connection and then add it again. Both phones then connected. Can anyone explain why this would happen? I have had both phones for a year and this has never happened before.

EDIT: Phones were able to connect via 3G at that time.

Wireless Gateway: Arris TG862G; Comcast HSI; LG Thrive

flwpwr

@comcast.net

neighbor set up wireless on same freq and channel, now you got interferance?

Could be a million reasons, really, like you bought new wireless phone or wireless phone [land line wireless not cell] and it switched channel to interfere now, etc. Or gateway could have firmware updata coming in, who knows. Maybe your gateway is rebooting thus you loose the wireless while it is, millions of possibilities.

Do you have anything else but your phones hooked up to wireless and if so did it loose wireless too?

wdsnls

join:2003-06-19
Palm City, FL

said by flwpwr :

neighbor set up wireless on same freq and channel, now you got interferance?

Could be a million reasons, really, like you bought new wireless phone or wireless phone [land line wireless not cell] and it switched channel to interfere now, etc. Or gateway could have firmware updata coming in, who knows. Maybe your gateway is rebooting thus you loose the wireless while it is, millions of possibilities.

Do you have anything else but your phones hooked up to wireless and if so did it loose wireless too?

As I stated, I had no problem with my laptop, desktop wireless and internet TV connections. Possibility is your first sentence, "neighbor's wireless". I show that connection but it is secured and password protected. Both phones are a year old.

ExoticFish

join:2008-08-31
Stuarts Draft, VA

Many things could have happened. A simple phone update could have cause an issue.
--
»www.VAJeeps.com