uniqs
share rss forum feed

atuarre
Here come the drums
Premium
join:2004-02-14
Conroe, TX

Screen flicking to black and then back?

My screen started doing this a few days ago, I could be doing anything, on the desktop, playing a game, etc, and my screen would flicker to black, and then goes back to what it was displaying before.

At first I thought this was a bug with Windows 8, but it is not happening on my other Windows 8 machine, so I now I am concerned it might be my video card going bad, which I hope not, because I swapped this one out (the first one had artifacts), and I know, just the way my damn luck goes, that if I go buy a new one right now, the new cards will come out (although I don't think they come out till December (the radeons not the nvidias)

I don't know if a DVI cable could cause the issue. I switched to an HDMI cable, and the problem is not happening, but I will have to see if it starts up. Thank goodness for displays that have HDMI and DVI ports.

Any ideas?

atuarre
Here come the drums
Premium
Conroe, TX
No issues since moving to HDMI, maybe the DVI cable was going bad, maybe the DVI port on the card, or the DVI port on the monitor was having trouble.

join:2012-10-29
reply to atuarre
Make sure that all of your video/monitor connections are firmly connected.

atuarre
Here come the drums
Premium
Conroe, TX
said by 27600969:

Make sure that all of your video/monitor connections are firmly connected.

They were. It has not happened since I swapped it over to the HDMI port, so I'm not going to worry about it.