spc
uniqs
ugleee
join:2010-10-24
Berwick, PA

ugleee to Hevi

to Hevi

Re: Terrible speeds in Northeast PA

I am in Berwick, PA, and I've noticed slower speeds lately. First noticed Netflix not working as fast as it used to, and just now I tested on speedtest.net and speed was only 6mb down (up seemed normal). I only pay for 12 down, but this is still half what I should be at. I'm going to give them a call a little later.

Hevi
@metrocast.net

Hevi

Anon

I'm in Berwick also. I called them this morning and they didn't do much, they ran tests said signals are fine. They said I have a older Docsis 2 modem and they would replace it with a docsis 3 if I took the old one in. Gonna do that later and see how it goes.
hevi99
join:2012-03-12

hevi99 to ugleee

to ugleee
Your getting better then me. I'm only getting 3 down and I pay for 25
hevi99

hevi99 to ugleee

to ugleee
I'm also in Berwick. I called them this morning, didnt help much. They ran tests and said signals are fine. They said I have a older Docsis 2 modem and I can take it in and get a Docsis 3 modem not sure if that will help but if I find the time today i'm gonna swap them and see how that goes.
ugleee
Berwick, PA

ugleee to Hevi

to Hevi
I called them and as soon as I get on the phone with them I test through speedtest.net and it's just about fine now....strange. I'll test throughout the day. I know I have a docsis 2 also, maybe I should take mine in too.
hevi99
join:2012-03-12

hevi99

Yep i'm getting 15-20 down now. I'm still gonna take my modem in today sometime. May as well have the new stuff lol.
ugleee
Berwick, PA

ugleee

If you can, come back here and let me know if the new modem made any difference. Thanks.