uniqs

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

[MoP] Some of the dailies are tougher than others...

druidtrollface.jpg
This one can be a pain... thank you, DailyBlink for the laugh. Now make one about the stupid torch carrying quest. /grumble

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

/rage @ torch carrying quest.

I gave up on it some time ago, if I get that one I drop it and forger about the extra rep, even though its likely 384.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
Grand solution to torch carrying quest is apparently:

-Be a monk
-Use Glyph of Zen Flight
-Hover to victory

It doesn't count as a mount so it doesn't knock off the buff.

That said, this expac has a lot of "play vidya games" moments. I like it.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

BTW is lighting the torch shared?

IE if a monk lights it do the others in range get credit?

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

Nope. Individual credit (much to my dismay)

I'm good at it now, so the quest don't bother me none. White Tiger is the easiest questing. I just hate the Ox Temple, because I always quest as a pair, and that makes weapons a pain to obtain.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by Nick D:

Nope. Individual credit (much to my dismay)

I'm good at it now, so the quest don't bother me none. White Tiger is the easiest questing. I just hate the Ox Temple, because I always quest as a pair, and that makes weapons a pain to obtain.

I like Ox, I always get a shado-pan helper to help with it.

then when the OX is running around you can just keep in his path and he'll kill them for you.

I do like the Tiger too, it goes fast and I think it has more rep than the others. (just not the torch quest) btw would a lock summon work to bypass it?

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

That I have not tested.

xenograffiti
@unt.edu

xenograffiti to Immer

Anon

to Immer
The Ox moves? o.O Never seen that.

Tiger is by far the fastest - a few very easy NPC kills. Got the wrestler for the first time today - tossing chairs at him is funny.

The torch carry is easy now that I know the route - the only tricky part is at the end of the bridge. On the other narrow part you can run to the far left on the edge of the cliff, as the tornadoes don't go outside the path.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Not always (and it might be a time of day thing) but some times he'll be running around the place and killing mantid left and right.

other times he rests up on the stairs.

Antonica
Premium Member
join:2002-09-02

Antonica

Premium Member

they changed it, now I can keep the torch while in flight form on the druid . I still can't go over tornadoes, but it helps from falling off the side of the cliff and what not.

Redawg81
T3h N3wb
join:2001-08-04
Jacksonville, FL

Redawg81 to DarkLogix

to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

/rage @ torch carrying quest.

I gave up on it some time ago, if I get that one I drop it and forger about the extra rep, even though its likely 384.

Lock port + Gateway ='s FTW

Try to get a lock to group w/ you and setup a gateway for the part you have a problem w/

R3d
Threatco
join:2011-04-19
Moncton, NB

Threatco to Immer

to Immer
Torch Carry quest: At the hard part you can run on the outside of the chain fence thing, link along the edge where your almost falling off the cliff, and the cyclones never go there, u can run right up in a straight line and hope over then chain fence (like a chain rope) and go in the door to complete the quest.

tldr: Don't run the course, run around the edge of the course. (I use the left)

Tweakbl
join:2008-09-25
Rosedale, WV

Tweakbl to DarkLogix

to DarkLogix
Imagine doing the Torch on Hughesnet and 1000ms latency.

I did it. You can to

Go to the Extreme Left Outside On the Path and cross over then thru the one building and then immediately left again, Almost as if your Goofy Jumping the Cliff, you should walk to the second Building from the First Building on the Outside left of the Chain fence. Once to the Bridge, Pick the path with with the Furthest Whirlwind and then once to the end of the bridge pause and jump,blink, run to the far left again then time the run up the steps.