uniqs
share rss forum feed

gigahurtz
Premium
join:2001-10-20
Palm Coast, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House Net..

Shouldn't this be included in the monthly fee you pay?

A fee to guarantee "reliable service"? What are we coming too? My monthly fee that I pay already should guarantee reliable service. I'm sick and tired of companies squeezing every penny out of customers.

I pay a monthly fee for reliable service. I also believe that this fee should keep me up to date with technology and the best that's offered. I don't expect an upgrade of boxes every month, but I don't see a problem with the current system as is.

Hall
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH
kudos:2
"you will see a $6.99 equipment lease fee on your bill ... so you can enjoy a seamless, reliable experience and the service you expect"

What idiot approved this ? Does anyone ever step back and look at things from "the other side" ? As others have already mentioned, shouldn't "a seamless, reliable experience" be automatic ? This add'l fee should instead offer customers priority when calling in, same-day on-site service, etc, etc !

Jason Levine
Premium
join:2001-07-13
USA
reply to gigahurtz
But that would mean they'd have to advertise higher rates. This way they can say their service costs "Only $29.99 a month.* [tiny print]*Plus various taxes and fees[end tiny print]" instead of saying "Only $65 a month."

No, much better (for them) to be able to advertise the tiny monthly fees. Just like with cell phone companies.

(Seriously, though, there should be a legal requirement to disclose all such fees, the basis by which they are calculated, and the purpose for them.)
--
-Jason Levine