share rss forum feed

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
join:2002-10-11
Tyrinaria
kudos:4

Halo 4

Since the two topics I see regarding this game are about Gamestop pre-orders and the special edition xbox skin, I'm starting a thread regarding the game itself.

I waited to get it, since I was already playing AC3 plus wanted to see how it fared with reviews after a week or so. Picked it up yesterday. My first impression; This is a great Halo game.

I specify Halo because of the concerns I've seen floating around regarding Bungee not being on board. 343 did fine. The new weapons and enemies are diverse and fun. That's one of the main points for me. The story is great so far, and I like that the special suit abilities have been brought over from Reach. I haven't even delved into multiplayer yet.

What do you folks think?
--
Play DSLr Mafia: »Pub Games

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

Wheres the black ops thread?

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria

Go make one yourself, Stafford.

That's right, I figured it out. You're Matt Stafford. You just pretend to be 47 on the boards and in games. Get your shit together man. I can't take another loss.

To re-rail the thread, Halo 4 is really good.
--

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

Kulldar
Premium
join:2008-11-11
Warren, MI
reply to Kristopher

I really want to buy the game... but I haven't been able to convince myself to do it. If I can read a couple other posts like Krisopher's I'll have to buy it. Anyone else have a review to add?

Silvanos
It's a new Silvanos experience
Premium
join:2002-10-07
Tonawanda, NY

said by Kulldar:

I really want to buy the game... but I haven't been able to convince myself to do it. If I can read a couple other posts like Krisopher's I'll have to buy it. Anyone else have a review to add?

I'm in the same boat, I'm interested but not enough yet to go buy it.
--
Any it new they in one. You here for mine you here.
-JV

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
kudos:1
reply to Kristopher

Just got Halo 4 the other day, havent had the opportunity to play it yet
--
Romney - Ryan 2012
Christie 2016

whymeintrouble
Premium
join:2001-06-20
Naperville, IL
reply to Kristopher

Generally speaking I really like the campaign....except it seems really short. Multiplayer is really good, but I haven't even come close to playing all the game types. I enjoy spec ops, but found it fairly easy to beat. But really like the 'free' content. Nice to have some extra content on the story.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria

I read somewhere it's like 8-10 hours, but I feel I'm near the end and yeah, it does seem short. I think it's just the effect of blasting through the game so quickly. I should have played the first run on heroic. I forgot to mention the couple of new vehicle experiences you get, which are awesome as well. I won't touch multiplayer until I beat the campaign, though. I want to get through it first, then get into PvP. I read about all the different game types, and they all sound great. I like the idea of free content with the spec ops releases, but I need to "free" up some memory so I can download them.
--

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!
kudos:2

The game is quite a bit of fun and the storyline is quite good (much better than Halo 3). Depending on your difficulty, the campaign can take anywhere from 6 - 12 hours (to factor in restarts from the previous checkpoint). Two of my friends and I beat the campaign on Legendary, with us missing all but one terminal without help.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria

Yeah, I think I found the first terminal, then none. I wasn't really digging for them, as I've been playing the game clean (without reading up on it), and am fuzzy as to what that shit is about. I did make my spartan color, though. I like brown with tan highlights. Cause, you know, I play like shit in multiplayer.

I think the game is worth buying, but will reserve final judgment until I play multiplayer.
--

Grimm

join:2011-05-23
reply to Kristopher

Too lazy to write a long list of things I find great about this game but a few things I feel are worth mentioning.

-If you play multiplayer and campaign, you will want to beat it campaign on Legendary
-Many people have said that the multiplayer (war games) is reminiscent of Halo 2's multiplayer
-Graphics are superb IMO and the cutscenes in the campaign and spartan ops are just icing on the delicious Halo 4 cake

The following almost makes the game worth buying, all on its own
- In War Games multiplayer, target an enemy corpse from close enough and use the hologram armor ability. Enjoy.
--
Slydermv--In short.. hookers save lives.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria

said by Grimm:

The following almost makes the game worth buying, all on its own
- In War Games multiplayer, target an enemy corpse from close enough and use the hologram armor ability. Enjoy.

I am intrigued, and very excited to do this.
--

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
Your Mind!

I actually meant we found all but one. Dumb brain... I'll poke you later!

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria
reply to Kristopher

Nevermind. Just looked it up. It's to Holohump your dead enemies. I am not excited to do this anymore.
--

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

HALO HUMP ? ! ?

lol

Let the T bagging continue!

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria
reply to Kristopher

For those that are interested, here it is in all its glory.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WO_4agtsdc

--

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

So great!

Grimm

reply to Kristopher

said by Kristopher:

Nevermind. Just looked it up. It's to Holohump your dead enemies. I am not excited to do this anymore.

HOW ARE YOU NOT EXCITED TO DO THIS!
--

Grimm

Seriously though. You could be having the worst game and this just puts a smile on the face!
--

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria
reply to Grimm

It's just meh to me, but I posted a video in case it's what people were waiting for to push them over that threshold into buying the game.
--

MuDvAyNe
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Kristopher

I would recommend buying halo 4 if you enjoyed halo 1, 2 and 3. I was not a fan of odst and Reach. Reach's multiplayer was the worst experience ever. Halo 4 has been an awesome experience so far. I just beat the campaign on Legendary. I have put in about 11 hours in multiplayer. I love it! I didn't even get a chance to try spartan ops yet. Well worth the 45 bucks I paid from newegg.
--
Mets, Cowboys, Devils

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
Your Mind!

said by MuDvAyNe:

I would recommend buying halo 4 if you enjoyed halo 1, 2 and 3. I was not a fan of odst and Reach. Reach's multiplayer was the worst experience ever. Halo 4 has been an awesome experience so far. I just beat the campaign on Legendary. I have put in about 11 hours in multiplayer. I love it! I didn't even get a chance to try spartan ops yet. Well worth the 45 bucks I paid from newegg.

Spartan Ops is much more fun/exciting when done with friends.
--
From Psychonauts -
Lungfish Civilian: (describing Goggalor) He's impervious to bullets! ... and love!
--

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

Black ops 2?

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria

Everyone I know says it's shit, so I'm not too worried about it. Battlefield was a better series, but I skipped BF3 due to the whole Origin thing. In short, Halo 4 and AC3 are my winter games. :P
--

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

Everyone u know is bad at it .

Might pick up a box on black friday if I can talk the wife into it.

A few of my friends play 10 hrs after release. They lost like 2 or 3 games the whole time. Its lawlz. I have always like the CoD combat but Halo 2/3 was the SHIT!

Glad Halo 4 is treating everyone well!
--
These m***** f*****s are thinking I am playing thinking I am saying this shit because I am thinking it just to be saying it.

Grimm

reply to Kristopher

said by Kristopher:

Halo 4 and AC3 are my winter games. :P

This
--

Metatron2008
Premium
join:2008-09-02
united state

Halo 4 is the best of the series followed by reach and odst IMO.

The storyline is better, the forerunner weapons are excellent, and it has decent plot twists...
Halo 1 2 and 3 are a little too obvious:

1. Your squad WILL die.
2. You WILL end up on a halo ring.
3. You WILL end up on an alien ship.
4. You WILL end up driving at the end escaping a blowing up area.

In Halo 4, the guys on UNSC Infinity can actually put up a good fight, AND kick ass against both the covenant and the forerunners, and there's no obvious driving scene (Although there might be something else more or less like it)

I also liked Reach for the storyline. And ODST rocked for the two voice actors who were also in Firefly..

Nesse

join:2009-06-12
Naperville, IL
reply to Kristopher

Ive been enjoying Halo 4 since the day it came out. I wasnt sure how I felt about it, but decided to pick it up anyway the day of launch.

I enjoyed the campaign though it was very short , and I really enjoy the Spartan Ops. Well mostly anyway. I think in Chapter 2 Episode 1, the ordinance drop could have been better placed. I also had to restart this particular episode because about half way through (and I thought I was near the end) I had one thing left on the radar, but it had gotten stuck in or under the environment and was unkillable... though I did try.

Dont get me started on the multiplayer... thats a real love/hate thing during war games. LOL

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria
reply to Kristopher

I did not buy this game to fly a plane through an obstacle course. If I wanted to do that, if have bought a flight simulator.
--